Armenia ?

Old September 28th 04, 10:22 PM
Andrew

Default Armenia ?

Hi
Just found these on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=57224681 72&
rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=57224681 73&
rd=1

Can someone please let me know what they are about?
Thankyou
Andrew

Old September 29th 04, 12:41 AM
Notes789

Nagorno-Karabagh is a province in Azerbeizan but is claimed by Armenia. The
provice decided, sort of like Transdniestra, to proclaim independence and has
issued these two note so far. Both Armenia and Azjerbaijan are ignoring the
problem in hope that it doesn't turn into a Chechnya for them. These then are
not official state-sanctioned notes but might be considered as fantasy pieces
for the while.
Old September 29th 04, 01:00 AM
A.E. Gelat

Your question is not clear. Do you want to know more about the notes or
about Nagorno-Karabakh? I cannot help about the first, but about the
second, I can.

In 1923, Stalin, in his perverse way, detached the area known as Nagorno
Karabakh from Armenia and annexed it to Azerbaijan. Both were SSRs. N-K
was inhabited almost exclusively by Christian Armenians, while Azerbaijan
had a majority of Turkic Moslems. Right after the dissolution of the USSR,
Armenia and Azerbaijan held fruitless discussions about the return of N-K to
Armenia. Then in 1991, Armenia sent in troops and occupied all of N-K and a
little more territory of Azerbaijan. N-K established itself as an
independent country, but in fact it is an adjunct of Armenia, and it is not
recognized except by Armenia. It issues its won currency and stamps.

Tony

Old September 29th 04, 11:19 AM
Scottishmoney

These things are not actually issued as cash, they do NOT circulate. Rather
they are along the lines of the Khalistan notes issued in Canada for some
Sikh separist movement in India, and the Antartica notes. In essence they
are fantasies, and the funds raised from them used by parties wishing to
stir up more violence in a region which has enough already.

Dave
--
emails to (myuserid).at.lycos.com

Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!
"Andrew" wrote in message
Hi
Just found these on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=57224681 72&
rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=57224681 73&
rd=1

Can someone please let me know what they are about?
Thankyou
Andrew

---

Old September 29th 04, 08:50 PM
www.numismatic.biz

2 Dram
Jesus Christ & John the Baptist/
Cathedral of Gandzasar &
cross fagment
10 Dram
Christ & 2 brothers + Dadivank Monastery / Kharabakh carpet, barrel and
grapes + Khudapirin bridge
NAGORNO - KARABKH FIRST ISSUE BANKNOTES
PRINTED BY AUSTRIAN STATE PRINTING WORKS

these notes wholesale at between $1-50 to 70c each depending on how may
you buy

yours

--
Michael @ www.worldwidecoins.co.uk
mirror site www.numismatic.biz

Old September 29th 04, 11:01 PM
Andrew

Hello and Thankyou
I have now been well informed as to the Banknotes and country that they are
fro.
The information provided here has told me all I need to know and also tells
me that I do not want them
So thankyou all
Best Regards
Andrew