Complete Jeff nickel set 1938-1961 & C$20 Northern Lights Hologram Commemm

Old May 17th 04, 02:01 AM
Michael R

Default Complete Jeff nickel set 1938-1961 & C$20 Northern Lights Hologram Commemm

"Barry" wrote in message
Just listed on Ebay ending next Sunday evening:

Complete Jeff nickel set 1938-1961 in a Whitman folder, starting at 99
cents NR:

Happy to help with a bid.

--
Michael R
ANA #173222

Old May 17th 04, 02:37 PM
ELurio

Notice that it was possible to get a complete set of Jeffersons (volume 1) from
circulation. It is impossible to do that for volume 2.

eric l.

Old May 18th 04, 01:52 PM
ELurio

Impossible?

Bill BRBR

Yeah, try finding a 1971-S or later in change.

It was possible at one time to find a 1950-D in change. Damn proof sets!!!

eric l.
Old May 18th 04, 07:46 PM
Bill Krummel

"ELurio" wrote in message
Impossible?

Bill BRBR

Yeah, try finding a 1971-S or later in change.

It was possible at one time to find a 1950-D in change. Damn proof sets!!!

eric l.

Ahh, that was my point in asking "Impossible?" I guess I was picking nits.
Unlikely, but not impossible. I have found two Jefferson proofs in change
( I don't remember the dates, but I think from the 80s). If someone could
live long enough, and look at enough nickels, I bet it would be possible to
put together a complete set. Kind of like the odds of my meeting in person
all the rcc'ers, including lurkers, in the next five days. Ain't going to
happen, but maybe not impossible. 8) Bill