Arrogant Ebay

Old November 20th 03, 10:01 PM
Don Lancaster

Allen McBroom wrote:

Don Lancaster scribed upon the newsgroup scroll
:

And the problem with greed is....?

Hmmmmmm..... You asked.
Since greed is defined as the "love of money", and
1 Ti 6:10 says "the love of money is the root of all sorts of evil", then
I'd say the problem with greed is it generates evil. Having money is okay;
seeking money is okay; earning money is okay, but when money is wrongly
prioritized to the point of being greed, it becomes a problem.
Heb 13:5 says "Make sure that your character is free from the love
of money, being content with what you have", further admonition that greed
is a problem.

--
Allen McBroom
Remove WOOF when replying by email

The only bible I either read or believe in is the POSTSCRIPT REFERENCE
MANUAL.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
voice: (928)428-4073 email: fax 847-574-1462

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com
Old November 21st 03, 03:40 AM
Curtis Desjardins

Gary Dorman wrote
Ebay can kiss my ass. All they want is more more more. Anyone seen the
50 cent subtitles? Pure GREED.

Greed would be FORCING you to use them. Are they forcing you?

Curtis.

--
"He ruined my jacket. Kill him a lot."
Old November 21st 03, 03:41 AM
Curtis Desjardins

Gary Dorman wrote
"a. linklurker" wrote
"Frank Provasek" wrote
Attention fellow lemming...

Frank, you're the only rodent around here.
But you're not a lemming:
you're a rat-****.

Your language has reen reported to comcast

Wow. Like that's never been attempted before.

Curtis.

--
"He ruined my jacket. Kill him a lot."
Old November 21st 03, 09:36 AM
RipCurl

"Gary Dorman" wrote in message
om...
Ebay can kiss my ass. All they want is more more more. Anyone seen the
50 cent subtitles? Pure GREED

And who says you need to use that feature?
i've done well using hte plain and simple method with clean and to the point
descriptions; one auction netting me a 300% return on an item I only paid
$10 for and had become a collector's item.

Old November 21st 03, 03:47 PM
Don Lancaster

RipCurl wrote:

And who says you need to use that feature?
i've done well using hte plain and simple method with clean and to the point
descriptions; one auction netting me a 300% return on an item I only paid
$10 for and had become a collector's item.

A 300% sell/buy ratio is not nearly enough for a successful eBay
venture.
See http://www.tinaja.com/glib/ebaysell.pdf

Old November 21st 03, 06:29 PM

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:15:41 -0000, Allen McBroom
wrote:

Don Lancaster scribed upon the newsgroup scroll
:

And the problem with greed is....?

Hmmmmmm..... You asked.
Since greed is defined as the "love of money", and
1 Ti 6:10 says "the love of money is the root of all sorts of evil", then
I'd say the problem with greed is it generates evil. Having money is okay;
seeking money is okay; earning money is okay, but when money is wrongly
prioritized to the point of being greed, it becomes a problem.
Heb 13:5 says "Make sure that your character is free from the love
of money, being content with what you have", further admonition that greed
is a problem.

Which is fine if you really believe that greed is defined as "love of
money" Guess there was no greed when people just bartered. Also,
getting justification from an old book of myths is as sensible as
quoting a D&D handbook. You can find the meaning of life (or anything
else) in an episode of the Power Rangers if you try hard enough.
Old November 23rd 03, 07:09 PM
RipCurl

"Don Lancaster" wrote in message
RipCurl wrote:

And who says you need to use that feature?
i've done well using hte plain and simple method with clean and to the

point
descriptions; one auction netting me a 300% return on an item I only

paid
$10 for and had become a collector's item.

A 300% sell/buy ratio is not nearly enough for a successful eBay
venture.
See http://www.tinaja.com/glib/ebaysell.pdf

Not everyone uses ebay as a source of Income, Don, you do realize there are
the "occasional" seller, who sell stuff just to earn extra money or to just
get rid of items they no longer want.

And there was supposed to be an extra 0 ( 3000% return )

Old November 24th 03, 01:24 AM
mark

From: "RipCurl"

A 300% sell/buy ratio is not nearly enough for a successful eBay
venture.
See
http://www.tinaja.com/glib/ebaysell.pdf

Not everyone uses ebay as a source of Income, Don, you do realize there are
the "occasional" seller, who sell stuff just to earn extra money or to just
get rid of items they no longer want.

And there was supposed to be an extra 0 ( 3000% return )

Also, his so-called "strategy" is not at all applicable to the coin market in
particular, or the collectibles market in general.

--
mark
Old November 24th 03, 02:17 AM
Bob Peterson

From: "RipCurl"

A 300% sell/buy ratio is not nearly enough for a successful eBay
venture.
See
http://www.tinaja.com/glib/ebaysell.pdf

Not everyone uses ebay as a source of Income, Don, you do realize there

are
the "occasional" seller, who sell stuff just to earn extra money or to

just
get rid of items they no longer want.

And there was supposed to be an extra 0 ( 3000% return )

Also, his so-called "strategy" is not at all applicable to the coin market

in
particular, or the collectibles market in general.

yea. dealers are lucky to get 20% on most coins.

--
mark

Ebay Email Scams.........Letter and Ebay response CalRima Autographs 2 August 23rd 04 02:43 AM
Ebay autograph policy Gummby3 Autographs 0 April 16th 04 01:29 AM
do not forward OFF this group that Xlist dahoov2 Autographs 4 March 9th 04 03:45 AM
eBay spoofs John Yamamoto-Wilson Books 0 January 23rd 04 12:46 AM
Ebay FRAUD alert ThomasTeeter Juke Boxes 6 January 22nd 04 04:34 AM