Mike Castle

Old September 15th 10, 02:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Anderson[_2_]

Default Mike Castle

Now that Mike Castle has been defeated in the Republican primary in
Delaware, who will be our advocate for coins in the Senate?

I fear this is bad news for supporters of coins and coin issues.

Paul
Old September 15th 10, 03:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Paul Anderson" wrote in message
news
Now that Mike Castle has been defeated in the Republican primary in
Delaware, who will be our advocate for coins in the Senate?

I fear this is bad news for supporters of coins and coin issues.

Paul

What about the concerns of the majority of Delaware voters? I doubt coin
issues were high on their list. Too bad though, I hate to see Sarah Palin
favorites come out on top. ;(

Old September 15th 10, 03:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Anderson[_2_]

In article ,
"Bremick" wrote:

What about the concerns of the majority of Delaware voters? I doubt
coin issues were high on their list. Too bad though, I hate to see
Sarah Palin favorites come out on top. ;(

Not living in Delaware, I am not aware of the important issues in that
state. Whoever wins the general election in Delaware will probably not
have the clout and interest in coins as Senator Castle and I wanted to
keep that as the topic of conversation here.

That said, I don't understand the thinking that all incumbents should
be voted out of office.

Paul
Old September 15th 10, 11:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Relayer

On Sep 14, 9:30*pm, "Bremick" wrote:
"Paul Anderson" wrote in message

news
Now that Mike Castle has been defeated in the Republican primary in
Delaware, who will be our advocate for coins in the Senate?

I fear this is bad news for supporters of coins and coin issues.

Paul

What about the concerns of the majority of Delaware voters? *I doubt coin
issues were high on their list. * Too bad though, I hate to see Sarah Palin
favorites come out on top. *;(

Ditto on that. This is just a replay of 2006, except the teams have
changed.
Old September 15th 10, 01:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Sep 14, 6:57*pm, Paul Anderson wrote:
Now that Mike Castle has been defeated in the Republican primary in
Delaware, who will be our advocate for coins in the Senate?

I fear this is bad news for supporters of coins and coin issues.

Paul

Any chance that Castle will push through a bill or amendment during
his last days to finally eliminate the rag dollar?
Old September 15th 10, 03:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Drago the Wolf

On Sep 15, 8:01*am, shreadvector wrote:
On Sep 14, 6:57*pm, Paul Anderson wrote:

Now that Mike Castle has been defeated in the Republican primary in
Delaware, who will be our advocate for coins in the Senate?

I fear this is bad news for supporters of coins and coin issues.

Paul

Any chance that Castle will push through a bill or amendment during
his last days to finally eliminate the rag dollar?

I was wondering the same thing.

Why would it be a "bad" thing for Castle to go. The guy was always
saying over and over again "The general public is not ready to part
with the dollar bill" some many times, it made me sick. Well, if the
general public was not ready then, and has not been ready since, then,
when? WHEN will the general public "be ready to part with the dollar
bill"?

Oh, and by the way Fred, I can see you have no idea when the $1 bill
will be phased out. Looks like your "Secret Plan" buddy was talking
out the other end.
Old September 15th 10, 06:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"shreadvector" wrote in message
On Sep 14, 6:57 pm, Paul Anderson wrote:
Now that Mike Castle has been defeated in the Republican primary in
Delaware, who will be our advocate for coins in the Senate?

I fear this is bad news for supporters of coins and coin issues.

Paul

Any chance that Castle will push through a bill or amendment during
his last days to finally eliminate the rag dollar?

About the only thing that most Congressional lame ducks can push through is
the rest room door.

Old September 15th 10, 10:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

On Sep 15, 1:21*pm, "mazorj" wrote:
"shreadvector" wrote in message

On Sep 14, 6:57 pm, Paul Anderson wrote: Now that Mike Castle has been defeated in the Republican primary in
Delaware, who will be our advocate for coins in the Senate?

I fear this is bad news for supporters of coins and coin issues.

Paul

Any chance that Castle will push through a bill or amendment during
his last days to finally eliminate the rag dollar?

About the only thing that most Congressional lame ducks can push through is
the rest room door.

And a boondogle or 2 ...
Old September 16th 10, 03:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Sep 14, 10:55*pm, Paul Anderson wrote:
In article ,

*"Bremick" wrote:
What about the concerns of the majority of Delaware voters? *I doubt
coin issues were high on their list. * Too bad though, I hate to see
Sarah Palin favorites come out on top. *;(

Not living in Delaware, I am not aware of the important issues in that
state. *Whoever wins the general election in Delaware will probably not
have the clout and interest in coins as Senator Castle and I wanted to
keep that as the topic of conversation here.

That said, I don't understand the thinking that all incumbents should
be voted out of office.

Paul

Stagnation and "business as usual" thinking. Fire ALL incumbants and
the "inductees" will be forced to reset the playing field.

I like the idea of the Tea Party as it's regular folks banding
together to let their elected officials know (to coin a phrase),
"We're mad as hell, and we're not gonna take it anymore!" The "we
know better than you" mentality of government is about to come to an
end.

Jerry
Old September 16th 10, 05:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Bremick" wrote:
[...]

======================

That may be a satisfyingly simple approach, but...

Let's say you are running a large factory that manufactures and assembles
all the components for an automobile. (I know, no such thing any more, but
this is hypothetical. It's a good analogy to Congress.) You need and have
a large range of expertise on a wide range of knowledge under your roof,
from the new hire who is learning how to install tail lights as the cars go
rolling by, to experienced production heads who know everything about
specialized areas such as making doors or brake assemblies, to mechanical
and electrical design engineers who are current in the state of their art,
not to mention floor supervisors and department heads who coordinate
everything to keep it all moving. Every year you lose a few to attrition
and promote from within to fill these spots.

Most of your workers are highly motivated and productive but a certain
percentage are ineffective or just counting the days to retirement, and a
few are actively stealing time and/or stock behind your back. They are an
obvious drag on productivity and quality control.

So this morning you woke up in a bad mood, said "I've got to get rid of the
dead wood and thieves," and your solution was to fire everybody from the top
on down to the bottom, and in one fell swoop, hire replacements off the
street for all positions.

How well do you think your factory is going to run?