CIII forgeries on Ebay

Old May 5th 05, 02:58 PM
Sue H

Default CIII forgeries on Ebay

Well, everyone I sent an email agrees. The forgeries are outweighing
the real items.

Sad.

three cases, all listing multiple (many of them) are listing low
prices and selling fakes.

I figure, most people who went their got stuff from themselves and
friends and those buying unsigned photos and packets of them went
there to sell the fakes.

One thing I noted this morning with the help of a friend who was
wondering about a certain item. I looked at a Bodie Taylor signature.

I went to Bodie twice over two days. I also looked for his official
cards before and bought one. I had saved several examples of his
signature.... and between watching him and the others sign there and
seeing official verses non official stuff I noted something and had an
epiphany of sorts this morning. I am sure Todd can think back and
confirm this, or others attending these large conventions.

Did you notice that most of the celebs signing take signing very
serious? I mean here, looking back, i noticed that each one took
great care insigning everything; we got their nicer sigs. Thinking
back, they allo did with maybe the exception of Daniel Logan who was
distracted every time I walked by. Either by talking to his friend
next to him or by cute girls etc. Now I figure that's because of age.
The others, looked at it as a job and acted professionally, focusing
looking down at the items they were signing and completing it without
stopping...usually without talking. At least beofre looking up.

So checking Bodies Topps cards, convention items to suspected fakes,
it was easy to tell .... no way he'd sign THAT messy. I suppose an
accident could happen, but doubtful. A rushed signature at a
convention doesn't seem to happen. Maybe in person... but not here.

anyone have an opinon on this? I mean what are your experiences at in
person verses paid appearances to sign?

Looking back at a couple more conventions and book signing verses in
persons at concerts and plays, I see the that where they are
scheduled, they take their time! It's more likely to get a same
version but less "written out" than in person.

This might be helpful for others to consider when trying to determine
if something might be legit or fake.

Just an observation!

Old May 6th 05, 10:30 AM
Robert de Ridder

I'm not particulary familiar with Bodie's autograph, so I won't comment on
his signature, but I've just been to Collectormania where he was signing a
stack of pictures and I can't say he was paying much attention to it, as you
suggested. As a matter of fact, of all the signatures I got there, most
aren't that nice really; the inscription usually have more time spent to
them than the actual signature. Notable exception being John Rhys-Davies,
who is very serious about doing it right.

Robert

"Mr Black" mr_black@ REMOVE SPAMBLOCK optusnet.com.au schreef in bericht
are these on CIII photos?

MrB

Old May 6th 05, 02:46 PM
Sue H

Sadly YES. People are under the impression these cannot be forged.
They can. They were sold UNSIGNED and other people are under the
impression, even this volunteer who worked there who emailed a friend
of mine defending his auction, saying "all unsigned items were
destroyed". They were not.

On Fri, 6 May 2005 19:20:39 +1000, "Mr Black" mr_black@ REMOVE
SPAMBLOCK optusnet.com.au wrote:

are these on CIII photos?

MrB

.. .

Old May 6th 05, 03:08 PM
Robert de Ridder

Well that sucks, then why would anyone want pictures with that ugly logo
anyway, if it isn't a guarantee for authenticity.
Shame on the organisers for letting that happen.

Robert

"Sue H" schreef in bericht
Sadly YES. People are under the impression these cannot be forged.
They can. They were sold UNSIGNED and other people are under the
impression, even this volunteer who worked there who emailed a friend
of mine defending his auction, saying "all unsigned items were
destroyed". They were not.

On Fri, 6 May 2005 19:20:39 +1000, "Mr Black" mr_black@ REMOVE
SPAMBLOCK optusnet.com.au wrote:

are these on CIII photos?

MrB

. ..

Old May 6th 05, 03:35 PM
Sue H

Yeah, it's a damned shame that we can't trust anything anymore.

"Sue H" wrote in message
[...]

How to avoid getting cheated on eBay -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 29 July 16th 04 03:22 PM
Ebay autograph policy Gummby3 Autographs 0 April 16th 04 01:29 AM
do not forward OFF this group that Xlist dahoov2 Autographs 4 March 9th 04 03:45 AM
eBay spoofs John Yamamoto-Wilson Books 0 January 23rd 04 12:46 AM
How to avoid getting cheated on eBay -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 0 January 2nd 04 07:48 PM