Fakes and Terrorism (Again)

Old June 6th 05, 11:01 PM
Anka

Ian wrote:

"I saw mine own love in her beauty so rare,

And bethought me of: ERGO BIBAMUS;
So I gently approach'd, and she let me stand there,

While I help'd myself, thinking: BIBAMUS!
And when she's appeased, and will clasp you and kiss,
Or when those embraces and kisses ye miss,
Take refuge, till sound is some worthier bliss,

In the comforting ERGO BIBAMUS!"

That Goethe really knew his Latin! And his beer!

Which reminds me of a Slovenian joke:

Q. What were Goethe's last words?
A. "Mehr Luft!"
Q. What were Beethoven's last words?
A. "Mehr Licht!"
Q. What were Franc Preseren's (Slov. Romantic poet's) last words?
A. "Mer-lot!"

;-)

~Anka

Old June 6th 05, 11:07 PM
Anka

Reid Goldsborough wrote:

Wrong. I did not bring it up at every turn, not even close. You lie
again, and again, and again. And you bring it up now.

Anyone proficient in Googling can prove you wrong.

~Anka

Old June 7th 05, 03:15 AM
Alan Williams

Reid Goldsborough wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 13:15:53 -0400, Alan Williams
wrote:

When you learned that I had buried my children, you took great delight
in ascribing my every thought and action to that fact. You brought it
up at every turn, trying to rub my nose repeatedly into the most painful
event of my life,

Wrong. I did not bring it up at every turn, not even close. You lie
again, and again, and again. And you bring it up now.

Bite me, Reid.

You called me 'unhinged' and referenced my personal tragedy repeatedly
over a six month period until the weight of other posters opinions
forced you to stop.

Your habit of denying the words you claim to own speaks volumes. You
deleted volumes of posts, both yours and your legion of sock-puppets to
deny the times you've been busted. Of all the posters to RCC you are
the least well-behaved, the least civil, the most verbose, the least
informative and far and away the biggest liar.

In short, you are a bloviating pompous windbag, a prevaricating
plagarist restlessly roaming across the landscape in desperate search of
an idea.

Here's a fresh thought for you, as you pick at your victims de jour,
those unfortunate RCC denizens you have decided to insult this week.
You delve into their personal lives, hoping for information to toss in
their faces? You turn the word 'retired' into an insult? You have the
*gall* to suggest that someone's tragedy or disappointment explains
their dislike of you? You *are* your family's tragedy.

Alan
'ask your mom'
Old June 7th 05, 04:06 AM
Donald F. Boudreau

wrote:

[...]

Bravo, bravo, clap,clap,clap........

Don

Brainstorm: when you have an inspiration that's all wet.

Old June 7th 05, 05:22 AM
Jeff R

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 12:53:08 -0400, "Nick Knight"
wrote:

Now, Reid. If you'd simply trust normal thinking people to think

normally,
you'd find no need in play non-point, counterpoint with ding-dongs like

This Jeff R. continues to deny everything. Everything!

At least three times, maybe more, I've said - and I say again - I stand
behind everyting I have said in this forum.

..He never said
those things about negotiating. I've twisted what he said.

Yes, that's correct.

I quoted
him word for word and twisted what he said!

Yes, you quoted small portions, then added your own constructions, and
claimed them as mine.

A trivial made-up example:

I would say "I don't like green cars"
Reid will counter with: "He hates green cars and anything remotely connected
with the colour green including vegetables and grass and rolling verdant
fields. What kind of dingbat has such super moronic opinions as this? He
denies the very existence of green in the eco-system of the world today just
because of his stupid and naive misunderstanding of how the world works."

*That's* how your "quoting" style works.

And he's not obsessed, I
am.

Another Goldsborough factoid.
Count your flame posts.
Count mine.
Then apologise.

..He follows me around with his flames and creates these laughable
flame pages, but I'm the one who's obsessed with him. And he's not a
flamer either. He said so.

No no no!
Another Goldsborough factoid.
I *do* flame.
But only Rita, Nancy and Mad Ted.

It's all my fault, he says. Blows the mind.

Well, I only ever flame when you've posted something objectionable and rude.
Cause and effect.

I don't believe I've ever seen a more pathetic case of Usenet flaming
and self-denial. You're right. It's not normal thinking. You have to
wonder how people like this get on in the world, how they live and
work with other people. He makes a big show about how he has children,

And you, in the past, have shown how little you care for what most people
consider to be the most important aspect of their life.

Numismatics (and anyting else, for that matter) pales into insignificance
next to fatherhood.
You don't agree? So bite me.

but he refuses to answer the question of what he does, or did,
professionally.

I work regular hours, 5 days a week, in a managerial capacity. Eight
degreeed professionals are under my direct supervision (plus three
part-timers).

That's more info than you deserve, and all you'll get until you answer the
questions I put to you earlier.

He lambasts the professionalism of others

No. Not others. Just you.

but refuses
to talk about his own experiences, credentials, or accomplishments.

I write constantly of my experiences (usually coin-related).
Credentials I have, but I refuse to use them as a crutch for my ego. My
words identify me.
In context, I also write of my accomplishments.
http://mendosus.com/whizzing/whiz.html

The difference is, Reid, that I am not interested in your style of
self-aggrandisement.
If I wanted to brag about my education, my experience or my creative
accomplishments I would start a blog.
Here, in RCC, I like to talk about coins and related issues, without the
baggage of pre-conceived notions or backgrounds.

You, OTOH, want to talk about *REID* in whatever context is possible.

Hence the inspiration for this two-year-old graphic:
http://mendosus.com/glomthis.html
which sums up your apparent motivation accurately.

There has to be something behind this, as I've said. This kind of
weirdness, this pathology, this grotesque combination of compulsive
belligerence and self-denying sanctimoniousness must have a cause.
Some traumatic event or failure, perhaps. Will he reveal it?

Self-denying?
Because I don't wish to parade my ego on a ten-foot stick?

Sorry to disappoint, but the most traumatic experience I've had in the past
few years is wading through your grotesque egotistical self-aggrandising
childish scribblings. Fortunately I keep a bucket next my computer.

Oh - did I mention your lies? All the Goldsborough factoids?
Later maybe.

--
Jeff R.

Old June 7th 05, 05:36 AM
Jeff R

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message

... You have to
wonder how people like this get on in the world, how they live and
work with other people. He makes a big show about how he has children,

That quote (unaltered) just needs to be repeated to demonstrate the
Goldsborough MentalityT.

=======

Reid, what is the single most important thing, in the entire world, to you?

....and...

What is your greatest accomplishment (to date). The very best thing you
have ever done?

--
Jeff R.
(just wondering)

Old June 7th 05, 07:47 AM
Ian

Anka wrote:

Ian wrote:

Carpe Cerevisi.

a light goes on!

Una cerveza, por favor!

No?

~Anka

;-)
Old June 7th 05, 05:10 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:22:04 +1000, "Jeff R"
wrote:

Yes, you quoted small portions, then added your own constructions, and
claimed them as mine.

These were YOUR words. I quoted YOUR words, word for word. YOU were
the one who described those who like to negotiate as ethically
depraved. YOU were the one who said that negotiating is akin to
shoplifting, that those who like it must have liked stealing as a kid,
that it prevents sellers from being able to pay for their children's
education, all the other utterly inane claptrap. I quoted you saying
these things word for word. And then you have the temerity to say that
you stand behind your words! What utter idiocy. Nick says you're a
"super moron." That's not the half of it.

As I've said before, you leave me alone, I leave you alone. I leave
you most of the time anyway, ignoring most of your flame junk,
formally and informally. I formally did this by killfiling you,
preventing me from seeing anything you post, several times, when you
called yourself A.Gent and still.cranky. LOL. But you continued it,
your flame attacking, and I saw it quoted by others. You're a true
gentleman, a decent and civilized man, a good guy...

Let me try to be as clear as I can. I want absolutely nothing to do
with you. I abhor how you act, what you do, your stupid flame attacks
and your idiotic denials. I have zero respect for what you say, for
your character and your integrity. You don't collect what I collect,
and I consider your "thoughts" about common numismatic topics such as
negotiating beyond foolish. So ... ignore me! OK? I will be very, very
happy to ignore you. We'll have a deal then. If you do this little
thing, this one little thing, if you have the fortitude to be decent
about this, to be "A.Gent," this newsgroup, and in a tiny but
appreciable way this world, will be a more peaceful place.

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old June 7th 05, 05:11 PM
Reid Goldsborough

wrote:

You called me 'unhinged' and referenced my personal tragedy repeatedly
over a six month period until the weight of other posters opinions
forced you to stop.

You *are* unhinged. Nobody lies the way you for no reason. But, no, I
do not bring it up at "every turn." The number of times I've brought
this up is utterly dwarfed by the number of lying accusations you
level, and have leveled, from day one, starting with your charge that
I was saying your wife didn't exist when I made fun of the dual name
handle you used here initially. You remember how you went ballistic
over that? How you left hundreds of flame posts here over about a five
month period, chock full of lies that I steal and tell others it's OK
to steal and all the dozens of other lies. Yes, you are unhinged.

And you're lying again when you say I've created a "legion of
sockpuppets." You know this. And you don't care. Lying is what you do.
It's your "debate" weapon of choice. When you flame, you lie. You take
a fact and stretch it beyond truth into a lie then level the lying
accusation. Again and again and again.

This Jeff R. may be the king of the Web flame, in this or any other
newsgroup I've ever seen. But you're the king of the flame lie, in
this or any other newsgroup I've ever seen. Nobody does either with
such transparency as the two of you.

Old June 7th 05, 07:20 PM
Edward McGrath

Alan wrote: You brought it up at every turn, trying to rub my nose
repeatedly into the most painful event of my life. snip I've been
reading and posting in RCC since the beginning of 2002 and I've never
seen Reid bring anything up about your loss Alan. I've only seen you and
a few others attack Reid relentlessly. Alan I'm very sorry for you and
your wife's loss but it seems you keep bringing this tragedy up not
Reid. What's past is past and all your doing is opening up a painful
wound on your own heart, your not hurting anyone but yourself. Alan take
care of yourself. Ed