#@$%!

Old February 13th 04, 05:57 PM
The Fausts

Default #@$%!

My entire coin collection was stolen yesterday! Someone just kicked in the
front door (in clear line of sight of several other houses) in broad
daylight and had a little shopping spree in my house. Things could have been
worse since they avoided anything bulky or heavy, but they found the
collection and took every last coin. 25 years of collecting gone. It's hard
to tell whether they knew the collection was here, or just got lucky. I live
in a small town with little crime (the police were surprised to see this
happen) and I was complacent about security. The collection wasn't even
insured.

If any Michigan dealers are reading this, please contact me for a list of
what was taken.

I will be in a foul mood for a while, so forgive me if I do any
uncharacteristic flaming. ;(

Eric

Old February 13th 04, 06:24 PM
Scottishmoney

"The Fausts" wrote in message

I will be in a foul mood for a while, so forgive me if I do any
uncharacteristic flaming. ;(

Eric

Eric;
Sorry to hear of your loss, I cannot imagine what this must feel like. BTW
your foul mood is perfectly understandable given the circumstances. I think
I would not be #@$%!in, but probably spelling it out in plain English.

I have been afraid of this for a long time, recently I have been putting
more and more in the safe deposit boxes, they were hard to find where I
live, but recently there seem to be more of them. While it is not a
guarantee of security, it is far better than your home. You can deduct the
cost of at least one safe deposit box from your taxes, plus you might check
with your insurance company in the future, if you have your stuff in a safe
deposit box they might give you a discount on your insurance.

What part of Michigan are you in? I am in the Tri-Cities and can pass on
the word here if you like.

Dave

---

Old February 13th 04, 06:31 PM
J. Craton

The Fausts wrote:
My entire coin collection was stolen yesterday! Someone just kicked in the
front door (in clear line of sight of several other houses) in broad
daylight and had a little shopping spree in my house. Things could have been
worse since they avoided anything bulky or heavy, but they found the
collection and took every last coin. 25 years of collecting gone. It's hard
to tell whether they knew the collection was here, or just got lucky. I live
in a small town with little crime (the police were surprised to see this
happen) and I was complacent about security. The collection wasn't even
insured.

If any Michigan dealers are reading this, please contact me for a list of
what was taken.

I will be in a foul mood for a while, so forgive me if I do any
uncharacteristic flaming. ;(

Eric

I'm soooo sorry Eric! ;(

--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5
---------------------------

Nick is a DICK!
Reid is a troglodyte!

Old February 13th 04, 07:19 PM
Dale Hallmark

"The Fausts" wrote in message
.com...
[...]

That is terrible news!!
It has happened to me in the long ago past.
Sounds like they knew it was there. Since you live in a small town,
maybe there is a better chance that you will get it back.

Hope so anyway.

Dale

Old February 13th 04, 07:24 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:57:06 GMT, "The Fausts"
is alleged to have written:

My entire coin collection was stolen yesterday! Someone just kicked in the
front door (in clear line of sight of several other houses) in broad
daylight and had a little shopping spree in my house. Things could have been
worse since they avoided anything bulky or heavy, but they found the
collection and took every last coin. 25 years of collecting gone. It's hard
to tell whether they knew the collection was here, or just got lucky. I live
in a small town with little crime (the police were surprised to see this
happen) and I was complacent about security. The collection wasn't even
insured.

If any Michigan dealers are reading this, please contact me for a list of
what was taken.

I will be in a foul mood for a while, so forgive me if I do any
uncharacteristic flaming. ;(

Eric

Oh, gosh. That's why I always keep my stuff in a safe deposit vault. I'm in
Ohio, just down I75 from you. If you email me a list, I'll get it to the local
dealers ASAP.

Bruce

Old February 13th 04, 08:05 PM
Gary Loveless

wrote:

My entire coin collection was stolen yesterday! Someone just kicked in the
front door (in clear line of sight of several other houses) in broad
daylight and had a little shopping spree in my house. Things could have been
worse since they avoided anything bulky or heavy, but they found the
collection and took every last coin. 25 years of collecting gone. It's hard
to tell whether they knew the collection was here, or just got lucky. I live
in a small town with little crime (the police were surprised to see this
happen) and I was complacent about security. The collection wasn't even
insured.

If any Michigan dealers are reading this, please contact me for a list of
what was taken.

I will be in a foul mood for a while, so forgive me if I do any
uncharacteristic flaming. ;(

Eric

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! My condolences.........hope the creep who stole your
coins and other stuff gets caught!!!! Were you just coming home from
work or something?? Hint: get a lock box, not being sarcastic, just
trying to help.....

Regards,

Gary Loveless

Old February 13th 04, 08:46 PM
Cliff

"The Fausts" wrote:

[...]

The GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigation) has stated that a lot of
stuff stolen up north end up down here in Georgia or Alabama. If you
email a list I will pass it on to the dealers and pawn shops in the
area.
I've had the same thing happen to me and I never saw any of my stuff
again. I recovered but still have a basic distrust of a lot of
people.
Cliff

Old February 13th 04, 09:19 PM
Edward McGrath

The only place a coin collection should be kept is in safety deposit
boxes at your local bank. My local bank gives out discounts on the
safety deposit boxes if you rent out 10 or more boxes.

Old February 13th 04, 09:21 PM
Eric Babula

"The Fausts" wrote in
.com:

My entire coin collection was stolen yesterday! Someone just kicked
in the front door (in clear line of sight of several other houses)
in broad daylight and had a little shopping spree in my house.
Things could have been worse since they avoided anything bulky or
heavy, but they found the collection and took every last coin. 25
years of collecting gone. It's hard to tell whether they knew the
collection was here, or just got lucky. I live in a small town with
little crime (the police were surprised to see this happen) and I
was complacent about security. The collection wasn't even insured.

If any Michigan dealers are reading this, please contact me for a
list of what was taken.

I will be in a foul mood for a while, so forgive me if I do any
uncharacteristic flaming. ;(

Eric

Oh, my God, Eric! That's horrible!

I couldn't imagine how ****ed I'd be if that were to happen to me, and
my collection isn't really very large at all. Twenty Five years of
collecting - you must have had a really nice lot of coins.

I'm sorry for your loss.

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Old February 13th 04, 09:26 PM
Christian Feldhaus

The Fausts wrote:

I will be in a foul mood for a while, so forgive me if I do any
uncharacteristic flaming. ;(

No problem at all ... under these circumstances :-( Guess you had, like
many of us, some pieces which - even if they are not terribly valuable -
mean something special, or have a "story". I hope you can at least get
part of your collection back!

Christian