Non-Famous autographs?

Old November 6th 03, 01:32 AM
JOHNGY1

Default Non-Famous autographs?

Has anyone ever asked for an autograph from a regular person? Over the years,
I have really had fun working with some people, yet we never really became
friends. I would have liked to get a signed photo just for memories, but I
never asked because I thought they might think it was just plain weird. Has
anyone ever felt the same? Any thoughts?
Old November 6th 03, 01:35 AM
dahoov2

I know in high school we all exchanged phtoos and signed the backs....
and I've seen family members send photos with words on the front and
put love and their name.... but not just of neighbors or distant
friends/relatives or anything like that. And not of just anyone...

Old November 6th 03, 02:33 AM
Tommy \2Lipz\

When I got my corporate transfer to NJ a little over a year ago, I met and made a lot of new friends. After a short bit I told them about my autograph hobby and the lip print collecting. Of the couples, many of the women started giving me their lip prints on cocktail napkins and paper place mats w/their signature. They think it's the strangest and coolest thing they ever heard of collecting. I suppose if I only had one or two prints that might be a little strange, but my collection is over 400 celebs now and growing. I dunno, maybe that's even stranger ;-)

Since my own kids are grown, these "civilian" prints make for great refrigerator decorations- LOL! I've threaten them that one day I may mix their prints in w/the celebs on my website, just to see if anyone questioned "Who the heck is that?"

--
Tommy "2Lipz"
See my website http://lipprint.tripod.com

Old November 6th 03, 05:41 AM
Carl Smith

women started giving me their lip prints

I collect them on my root.
Old November 6th 03, 06:16 AM
Big Sexy Greg Gray

I got over 200 non-celeb autographs, just for sheer amusement. Every once in a
while my friends and I go out and collect real people autographs...
Old November 6th 03, 10:21 AM
Bjwebb3749

I've never asked a non-famous person for their autograph, but my sister and
some friends used to work fan-run Star Trek conventions many years ago and had
Starfleet uniform costumes. They were often asked for their autographs by Star
Trek fans at these conventions. I guess because they had the costumes on,
these people thought they were famous? Also, another friend of mine went on a
Star Trek cruise a couple of years ago and one of the guests was actor George
Takei who always travelled with his mother. My friend asked George Takei's
mother for her autograph after he had taken a photo of her. She was pleasantly
embarrassed and didn't think she should do it. (This was a very elderly
Japanese lady.) Her son told her, "No, Mom, do it!" And she signed the photo.
BJ
http://bjwebb3749.tripod.com/bjscelebritysigns/

Old November 6th 03, 02:08 PM
Karl

I know in high school we all exchanged phtoos and signed the backs....

Funny you mention this. I beleive most of the school kids did this but, one of
the kids I was friends with in high school just released his first movie that
he wrote and directed. I cant remeber the name of the movie but I know he was
Speilbergs Assistant for a few years.

-karl-

Fukai-son C=:-)

Old November 6th 03, 04:43 PM
Matt Thomas

When we left secondary school we all signed each
others shirts and year books, which I thought was
pretty cool.

(JOHNGY1) wrote:

Has anyone ever asked for an autograph from a

regular person? Over the years,
I have really had fun working with some people,

yet we never really became
friends. I would have liked to get a signed

photo just for memories, but I
never asked because I thought they might think

it was just plain weird. Has
anyone ever felt the same? Any thoughts?

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system
(
http://www.grisoft.com).