what else do you collect?

Old May 31st 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

Default what else do you collect?

On May 30, 11:08�pm, tony cooper wrote:
On 30 May 2007 18:12:36 -0700, Jud wrote:

Sigh Guess I am getting sucked into this one. I often, not enough to
say 'regularly', carry a handgun. It may be difficult to explain
especially to someone unfamiliar with the Constitution of the United
States, but as a law abiding citizen I am entitled to own a handgun.

Oh, Lord. *Now I'll have two threads to skip entirely: *the one that
debates the existence of God, and now the one that will surely emerge
about whether or not the right was intended for individuals not part
of a well-regulated militia.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL

I won't get into the argument over the existence of God.

As for the well-regulated militia, you are 100% correct. Now, sir,
tell me that the government can and will take all bullet-firing
weapons away from criminals (and prevent them from getting any more),
and I'll be happy to turn mine in (all of them), no problem. And, no,
I don't carry and have no need to, either (yet).

Jerry

Old May 31st 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On May 30, 11:21�pm, wrote:
In article , "gogu" wrote:
Ï Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
m...
In article , "Bruce Remick"
wrote:

but the book before you sell the kit. and watch out for
collection buyers. they will offer pennies on the dollar.
cruise ebay to get a feel. *don't expect to get more than
40% or have more than 5 rare kits.
now if you have aurora's, or some of the 'tween wars kits...
i collect the lindberg 1/72 german aircraft. not rare or
valuable but easy to bash. i've made the first 17 versuchs
numbers of the ar234. ditto the do335. so if you have
any....

Back in the early 1950's I put together all of the cars in the small
Revell
antique/classic car model kits (I don't know what scale) and had them
displayed on a wall shelf. *These kits were less than a dollar apiece but
the small cars were detailed enough challenge my patience as a youngster.
Some of the "modern" ones in the series included an MG-TD and I think an
XK
Jag. * I occasionally check eBay to see if there might be any of these
original kits still out there -- or even assembled models -- but I've
never
found any.

Bruce

check out the rec.model.scale group. ask bill b there about
them. he's a real kit car guy.

I didn't know there is a specialized ng!
Thanks pal!

real good guys, too. it's easy to fit in. dumb questions
will get you teased, laughed at, and accepted. there is a
group for pictures.
wander over and maybe we can do some trades...- Hide quoted text -

And that makes them different from RCC how? :-)

Jerry

Old May 31st 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_2_]

Ï Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
In article , "gogu"
wrote:

when your only
tool is a gun, all you see are targets.

Except of course you are a cop!

i don't trust them....

Hmmm...but when we are robed we are running to them, right?...
I believe we should trust them, they are (or should be...) our friends,
there are some bad apples among them just like among engineers like me,
bankers, lawyers and every other job...
It's the price we have to pay to be protected...

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Old May 31st 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_2_]

? "Jud" ?????? ??? ??????
oups.com...

gogu wrote:

I see!
So my PS guess was correct after all:-)
I thought that you are in another line of work and you just like to carry
gun around:-)

Sigh Guess I am getting sucked into this one. I often, not enough to
say 'regularly', carry a handgun. It may be difficult to explain
especially to someone unfamiliar with the Constitution of the United
States,

No, I am perfectly familiar with the US Constitution and I know that you
have this right, I just can't understand why someone who lives a "normal"
life, in a "normal" neighborhood and with a *normal* job (not a cop, not a
military man, etc) should *feel* the
need to carry a gun!

but as a law abiding citizen I am entitled to own a handgun.

Of course you are (in most states).

After being fingerprinted, photographed, taken a handgun safety
course, learned the laws regarding the use of a handgun, and a
background check being done I was issued a permit to carry a handgun,
concealed.

You are a law abiding citizen!

The police cannot be everywhere they are needed and I have
not only the right to defend myself, but also an obligation. In 30
years of carrying a concealed weapon I have only had to 'produce' it
once. No, I never shot anyone but was afraid I might have to, luckily
for both the perpetrator and myself. If I had not been prepared to
defend myself it is quite possible that not only myself, but 2 other
people might not be here to talk about it today.

That's right!
So isn't it better not having valuables in your home and in case of robbery
just pretend you are sleeping and let the thieves take whatever they
want?...
This is what police generally suggests to us here in Europe.
After all the life of my wife and children is above any TV or stereo set...

When criminals are
prepared to do violence on the law abiding it is good to be prepared.

Generally speaking thieves want only your money or valuables, if they don't
find any they will just leave...

Someday if you happen to be in a threatening situation, pray that the
police are present, and in their absence, a law abiding citizen with a
gun. I don't mean to rant but having a gun on my person probably saved
my life.

Probably so.
But please let me ask you this:
in Europe people can not carry guns except in special situations and
gun permits are as rare as a '31 double golden Eagle;-)
Despite all that, the crime rate here in the non-carrying guns Europe is
much lower that in the gun-carrying US!
Doesn't it says something about the whole question?...

In two words, my *personal* opinion (which may very well be wrong...) is
that the
right to carry a gun is not making a *society* safer (maybe an individual in
a given situation but certainly not the whole society).
Just my two (euro)cents.

Old May 31st 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_2_]

Ï Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
In article , "gogu"
wrote:

Except of course you are a cop!

i don't trust them....

Hmmm...but when we are robed we are running to them, right?...
I believe we should trust them, they are (or should be...) our friends,
there are some bad apples among them just like among engineers like me,
bankers, lawyers and every other job...
It's the price we have to pay to be protected...

i will deal with and work with them. when i see a good one,
i do trust.

Agreed!

but there is a cop mentality i avoid.

Hmmm...more or less...you are right:-)
At least at one part of the cops, the bad ones (but I don't like to
generalize...).
But as I said they are the bad ones, I prefer to see the majority which IMO
is good, after all I am an optimistic person;-)

Old May 31st 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_2_]

Ï Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
In article , "gogu"
wrote:

check out the rec.model.scale group. ask bill b there about
them. he's a real kit car guy.

I didn't know there is a specialized ng!
Thanks pal!

real good guys, too. it's easy to fit in. dumb questions
will get you teased, laughed at, and accepted. there is a
group for pictures.
wander over and maybe we can do some trades...

Uuups!
My 4 servers do not carry this group!
I wonder why...
Have you spelled correctly the name of the group?

Old May 31st 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_2_]

Ï Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
In article , "gogu"
wrote:

now if you have aurora's, or some of the 'tween wars kits...
i collect the lindberg 1/72 german aircraft. not rare or
valuable but easy to bash. i've made the first 17 versuchs
numbers of the ar234. ditto the do335. so if you have
any....

Ummm..nope, sorry!
I was buying WW2 aircrafts and tanks, modern jet aircrafts and modern
tanks, 95% of them in 1:48 (1:35 for the tanks)...

if you bought them between 90-95, unless it was a shop with
a lot of oldies, you may have 2 rare kits.

!!!
I must make a list of what I have and let you know!
(Unfortunately my kits are half in my house and half of them in a deposit in
another place)

i have a 45+ year
collection and may have 20 rare kits.

No, all my kits were modern, produced at the time of purchase or a few years
before, nothing really *old*:-(

so many are re-issued,
the molds travel around, some just are awful and some were
hoarded. the rare stuff is mostly kits you never heard of
and probably never collected.
got any pocher car kits? the nuclear power station?a disney
nautilus?

Nope, just airplanes and tanks, although I don't like carrying a gun I do
like guns;-)

the ww2 1/48 kits and 1/35 armor is almost all very common.

I know:-(

VERY few modern kits are rare for the reason you
cited....maybe 5-6.
want to make a million collecting kits? start with 2
million.
40% maybe....unless you want to ebay each singly. them maybe
40% for sure.
the average kit collector is a tightass tightwad and will
walk away if you don't really have something they want.

I know, I know and I sincerely understand them, they want real
collectables...

and
they will do anything to beat you down. go to a model show
and hit the vendors room. you'll be embarassed to watch soem
of these guys beg and cry.

LOL

PS
One day I must start taking pictures of my build kits, you never know
when your son or daughter will smash them so I want to have something to
remember them:-)
They are not what you would cal masterpieces but they look nice:-)
(I never could make a wash so all my models look...pristine:-( I envy the
guys who could do wash and make their tanks look as they've just came out of
the Ardennes forest;-)).

Old May 31st 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_2_]

Ï "gogu" Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
Ï Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
In article , "gogu"
wrote:

check out the rec.model.scale group. ask bill b there about
them. he's a real kit car guy.

I didn't know there is a specialized ng!
Thanks pal!

real good guys, too. it's easy to fit in. dumb questions
will get you teased, laughed at, and accepted. there is a
group for pictures.
wander over and maybe we can do some trades...

Uuups!
My 4 servers do not carry this group!
I wonder why...
Have you spelled correctly the name of the group?

Wait, it was missing an "s", the correct ng is rec.models.scale!
Added in my groups!

Old May 31st 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Sibirskmoneta

"gogu" wrote in message
Wait, it was missing an "s", the correct ng is rec.models.scale!
Added in my groups!

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi
puttane! F.d.A

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Currently my squadron consists of an Ilya Murometz bomber from WWI, a PO-2,
an I-16, an I-15, 2 Mig 3's, a LI-2, and an MIL-24. I have many more still
unbuilt kits, mostly 1920's and 1930's oddball aircrafts but some good stuff
like the Lilya Litvak Yak1b and a Shturmovik with metal etched components.
I think the Yak1b is going to be the next project, it is one I searched for
the "White Rose" variety for a while on. Sometime when I get really
ambitious I would like to add a TB-3 to my VVS.

Samolyet Krasnii Zvezda!

Old May 31st 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Sibirskmoneta

"note.boy" wrote in message news:lvX6i.17648
My wife refuses to have another bookcase in the house so some are stored
in cupboards. :-( Billy

Suggest putting them out in the barn.