Bookplate or "flatsigned"?

Old July 14th 03, 07:52 PM
Rick Kalamaya

"Jon Meyers" wrote in message ...
"Rick Kalamaya" wrote...
although I have Albert on my fantasy baseball team I don't yet have
his signature. I guess I will have to work on that. Wish I had more
of him because other than his bat my team's offense stinks...

Don't want to turn this into a baseball discussion (oops--too late), but
krikey! Which team have you been watching? The Cards lead the NL in
batting avg., OBP, and slugging, and they're second in runs, RBI, and homers

Despite that recent power outage against the West Coast teams, what really
stinks is their pitching. Almost every other game it looks like the
pitching staff is challenging the rest of the team to come up with more
runs. We're gonna give up 6 tonight--can you get us 7? How 'bout 8
tomorrow? 10?

Brett Tomko? Jeff freakin' Fassero? Yeesh.

[Back to your regularly scheduled book-collecting discussions.]

You know Red Schoendinst is the one who when he signed my ball
indicated it had the living HOFers. I will have to paste the Ozzie
signature I got on a program to the ball!!!

I was speaking of my fantasy baseball team not the Cardinals team.
Although I have Pujols, I also have, had Konerko, Olerud, Robbie
Alomar, Robin Ventura, etc, etc. My offense is last in most
catagories. And I also had Matt Morris who has been an almost
unfathomable disappointment lately without a good explanation. Your
general comments about the pitching is right on, especially the relief
pitching. I think an argumant can be made that these days relief
pitching is the single most important part of success. And I believe
the Cardinals' relief staff has the highest ERA in the National
League. Look at all the leaders in each league and you will see teams
with superior relief pitching. Look at how pathetic the Dodgers are
at scoring runs yet they have a respectible record because of their
pitching, and their relief is terrific. And I think much of the
problem with the Yankees compared to about five years ago is that
their relief pitching is not as dominant.

And who says this discussion is not about books. We are talking of
some superior literary figures who considered baseball of great
importance - Marianne Moore and Robert Frost to name a few.

Rick Kalamaya
Old July 14th 03, 09:20 PM
Jon Meyers

"Rick Kalamaya" wrote...
"Jon Meyers" wrote...
"Rick Kalamaya" wrote...
although I have Albert on my fantasy baseball team I don't yet have
his signature. I guess I will have to work on that. Wish I had more
of him because other than his bat my team's offense stinks...

Don't want to turn this into a baseball discussion (oops--too late), but
krikey! Which team have you been watching? The Cards lead the NL in
batting avg., OBP, and slugging, and they're second in runs, RBI, and

homers

I was speaking of my fantasy baseball team not the Cardinals team.

In the immortal words of Emily Littella...Oh. Never mind. g

--
Jon Meyers
[To reply,