Kevin's IN PERSON 411

Old January 27th 04, 01:22 AM
GraphRackr

Default Kevin's IN PERSON 411

Hey Hey Hey....

The awards season kicked off last night with the 61st annual Golden Globes. I
prefer this show the best, because it recognizes both movies and television.
Apparently, so do the out of town collectors, because at last count, there were
more than 80 autograph seekers and lookie loos at the usual off site party.
ANTONIO BANDERAS and MELANIE GRIFFITH were the first to arrive, and ANTONIO
didn't disappoint, signing away, as MELANIE stood by doing nothing. ALEC
BALDWIN is pretty tough in person, so I was surprised to see him put ink to
index cards. I unintentionally spoiled that quickly, for as soon as ALEC saw
my photo, he dropped the pen. SUSANNA HOFFS and JAY ROACH followed, and both
signed away. RACHEL ROBERTS ("Simone") wasn't recognized by most on the way
in, so we had time to run to the car to grab our photos. She signed for most
on the way out.

MEGAN MULLALLY (Will & Grace) signed for everyone that asked. SARAH JESSICA
PARKER was a class act, signing up a storm, but was carefully looking at faces,
calling people out that already had obtained one. "Sorry, sweetie, just one per
person. Please move aside so someone else can get one." UMA THURMAN arrived
right after, and started signing away. Just as I was about to get my 3rd item
signed, some out of town lookie loos yelled out, "Hey Uma! Where's Ethan?"
She immediately dropped the pen, and ran inside. REBECCA GAYHEART was next,
and didn't disappoint walking up and down the carpet, signing away.

STING was dropped off on the street, and was mobbed immediately. He graciously
started signing, then security jumped in and dragged him away. Meanwhile,
elusive Red Hot Chili Peppers front man, ANTHONY KIEDIS valet parked his car
and reluctantly signed for those of us that asked. FRED DURST said no, but
quickly changed his mind, signing for everyone. HELEN HUNT used to be one of
the more difficult autographs to obtain. She's done a 180 since the Mad About
You days, signing away for everyone. CARRIE FISHER was her usual self, and ran
in and out of the party, not stopping to sign anything. RICKY MARTIN signed
away, as did KELLY ROWLAND (Destiny's Child), JERRY BRUCKHEIMER, and PAUL RUDD.

I didn't bother pulling my MICHAEL DOUGLAS and CATHERINE ZETA-JONES photos,
because they've been so difficult in the past. This was my biggest mistake of
the evening, as both signed away on the way in. CATHERINE was smiling, which
I've never seen her do in the presence of autograph collectors. Hollywood
Legends, JESSICA LANGE and MERYL STREEP arrived, and did absolutely nothing.
However, MERYL did sign for one collector as she got into her limo. KIRSTEN
DUNST and JAKE GYLLENHAAL stopped to sign a few, and snuck out the back on the
way out. RACHEL WEISZ was her usual unfriendly self, ingoring all requests.
JUDE LAW did the same, running into the party.

Newly engaged BRITTANY MURPHY promised to sign on the way out. She snuck out
the side door. When collectors ran up to the limo and yelled, "You promised to
sign on the way out!", she was true to her word, and had the limo pull over.
She rolled the window down, and signed for a good 10 minutes. JIMMY FALLON
signed away, but refused to sign baseballs, microphones, and guitar pick
guards, citing, "Sorry, I really don't want to sign those, they'd be worth too
much money". GARY OLDMAN was his usual super self, signing away for anyone
that wanted one, or two, or ten. MARIA BELLO signed a few, but not many.

GARCELLE BEAUVAIS-NAILON signed everything put in front of her, as did JULIETTE
LEWIS, CARLA GUGINO, and KATHY BAKER. MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL sporadically signed,
while CRAIG KILBORN received the Loser of the Year Award, by not honoring any
autograph requests. Two other signing surprises were TYRA BANKS, who signed
more autographs in 10 minutes than I've seen her sign in 5 years, and KATIE
HOLMES, who must have attended the AL PACINO School of Signing, because her
autograph was either a long check mark or straight line.

QUENTIN TARANTINO signed a bunch, along with CUBA GOODING JR. and the Wu-Tang
Clan's, RZA. The other big signers of the evening were HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN, who
signed for a good 10 minutes, as well as MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ, and KEVIN COSTNER,
who must have signed 100 autographs each. LAURA DERN gave the, "If I sign for
you, I have to sign for everyone" line, but changed her tune half way down the
block, signing for all that bothered to follow her. WOODY HARRELSON was
himself, ignoring everyone.

That's it for now...

Kevin

Old January 27th 04, 01:52 AM
xxxnospamxxx

The awards season kicked off last night with the 61st annual Golden Globes.

Wow! Very nice report Kev. It's been too long between 411's though. Just
curious, did Jack Nicholson do the after show party? I heard something about
he is not much up on doing after show parties anymore or something like that.
Have you had a chance to get Jack lately?
Thanks for the report,
JC
Old January 27th 04, 11:38 PM
GraphRackr

Just
curious, did Jack Nicholson do the after show party? I heard something about
he is not much up on doing after show parties anymore or something like that.

Have you had a chance to get Jack lately?

Hey John,

Jack may have attended the party we were at, but we never saw him. A few limos
did drop off and pick up in the back, so who knows. Also, there were at least
10 other parties he could have gone to. He had been signing earlier this
season at Lakers games, but I never went to try for him.

kevin
Old January 28th 04, 01:20 AM
Autogrph34

Great post.

Alec Baldwin has a major attitude. He gave me a royal hard time 3 years ago at
a charity softball game in the Hamptons when I asked him to sign 1 photo.

He really needs to lighten up.

Kevin--have you ever met Ashley Williams, from TV's "Good Morning, Miami"?

Steve