Help this disabled man get back on ebay

Old March 15th 12, 11:59 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
William Sykora

Default Help this disabled man get back on ebay

I was told to post here that I might get some help. I am disabled and
appealing to anyone who will listen to be fair in thier opinions about
selling restrictions for sellers and help me sell again because I recently
was told my seller dashboard showed too many complaints regarding shipping
charges and items not as described. After speaking to Ebay I reaized I
needed to change my standard ship charge on my listings and provide a better
description on my auctions particularly on coins. But one week later I am
being told I no longer have any selling privilages and I can not list any
items at all. What changed in this past week to render this decision? I
already agreed to change my problem areas I was weakest in so that my buyers
could get exactly what they purchased and shipped at a reasonable rate. I
believe I am being treated unfairly. I agree I made some mistakes in the
recent months to cause a few buyers to be unhappy But some of these problems
were out of my control. I have made changes to correct the problem areas. .I
have been an honest Ebay member since 1998 and have an excellent feedback
record. Check it out. All my sales had 4.5-5 star ratings. So why shut me
down? The sellers dashboard showed too many complaints recently but not all
were my fault .I need to continue to sell on Ebay. Having a listing
restriction is one thing but to close me down is unfair.. I am disabled and
selling on ebay supplements my social security income I live on each month.
Frustrated and needing help,

Sincerely, Sportfish1

Old March 16th 12, 12:06 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"William Sykora" wrote in message
[...]

If eBay won't let you sell anything, what are you suggesting people here do
about it?

Old March 16th 12, 12:44 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Jason Burke[_2_]

On 3/15/2012 4:59 PM, William Sykora wrote:
[...]

Oh gee, this ought to be fun. Let me get the popcorn!

Old March 16th 12, 02:29 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
SNORDO

[...]

your numbers are :

Item as described :4.5
Communication 4.5
Shipping time 4.7
Shipping and Handling Charges 4.4

you kind of killed yourself, you turned into one of the sellers ebay
wants to eliminate

those ways of doing business don't work anymore

Old March 16th 12, 03:28 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Mar 15, 9:29*pm, "SNORDO" wrote:
[...]

Well, gee, make me feel bad; I give lots of fives on the first three
categories, but almost never give better than a four on shipping and
handling charges. Now I'll have to rethink that for the sellers whose
stuff I really like (even though they ding me once in a while on the
shipping).

Ebay is killing itself, slowly but surely; a major corporate suicide
in the making.

oly

oly
Old March 16th 12, 03:55 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Michael Wilcox

My account - michaels_bodykits_and_more -- was suspended indefinitely due
to low buyer satisfaction. The feedback score for this account is 99%
positive. That means only 1% of buyers were not satisfied. It is
unbelievable that eBay is suspending accounts that have such good feedback.
eBay ruins the lives of seller's who depend on the eBay income...seller's
who are disabled and unable to go out in the world and pick up a job like
normal. It makes me sick how they can do this and be able to sleep at night.

Old March 16th 12, 06:28 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
SNORDO

"oly" wrote in message
On Mar 15, 9:29 pm, "SNORDO" wrote:
[...]

you know what the shipping cost is up front, don't bid if it's too high,
most will stop doing it if they don't get any sales,

they're not avoiding fees anymore, what they're trying to do is
generate a revenue stream from shipping and avoid returns by
not refunding shipping costs

Old March 16th 12, 06:54 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
SNORDO

"Michael Wilcox" wrote in message
: My account - michaels_bodykits_and_more -- was suspended indefinitely due
: to low buyer satisfaction. The feedback score for this account is 99%
: positive. That means only 1% of buyers were not satisfied. It is
: unbelievable that eBay is suspending accounts that have such good feedback.
: eBay ruins the lives of seller's who depend on the eBay income...seller's
: who are disabled and unable to go out in the world and pick up a job like
: normal. It makes me sick how they can do this and be able to sleep at night.
:
:

your feedback is 98.3% and it's evident from the tone of your replies to the
negatives and neutrals that
it would be a mistake to do business with you, you could be classified as the
typical ebay asshole seller

you had 5 negatives where you didn't offer a refund in a period of less than 3
months for a total
of $1834 plus shipping

you also had 18 neutrals in about the same three month period

why would Ebay allow you to keep ****ing their members ?

they did the right thing by banning you,they owe you nothing,
you need to abide by the rules and do business in an honorable manner

it makes you sick the way they treat you ???

if you're depending on Ebay buyers to make a living you should be treating them
like you need them, consider the effect you have on them with your business
practices

why communicate through feedback ???

you're also dealing with a product that invites young and low life buyers
who expect too much

and you're selling stuff you don't have which is a violation in itself

NO CONTACT FROM BUYER. WE TAKE CARE OF ALL ISSUES SO YOU CAN LEAVE POSITIVE FB!
WHAT MORE DID YOU EXPECT? IT'S A HOOD. YOU EXPECT A MUSTANG TO GO WITH IT?
SEVERAL HOODS AVAILABLE. YOU MUST BE MISTAKEN! WRONG FEEDBACK LEFT?
So that deserves neutral instead of positive? Tough crowd to please these days!
HE WANTED ME TO REFUND HIM $140 OR HE WOULD LEAVE BAD FEEDBACK. EXTORTION!!!!!!!
LOL!!! WHO DID YOU CALL???? WE DONT HAVE PHONE SUPPORT!!! EMAIL SUPPORT ONLY!!!!
Be sure to check the stock as stated in the listing if you have time constraints
You just bought it today. Did you think leaving this message was like an email?
Durability is based on the geometry of the part as well as the temperature
THIS TRANSLATES TO THE BUYER NEVER CONTACTING US WITH ANY ISSUE! NOT SMART!
IF IT TOOK 2 MONTHS, YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO LEAVE FEEDBACK! NOTHING BUT LIES!!!
Follow-up by wegoteverything04 (Jul-04-11 15:22):
now being harassed to change negative feedback... hood is fake,bad fit, no badge
BUYER PAINTED, THEN TRIED TO INSTALL AND BROKE IT. I HAVE THE EMAIL PROOF! LIAR!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WHY DON'T YOU EMAIL ME AND TELL ME THERE IS A PROBLEM?!?!?!
Listen up buyers. U have a problem, U email us, we fix it. SIMPLE! No negatives!

Order was out of stock....canceled
the hood got back orderd so i canceled it.
long time to shipping and not good service???????
Part i wanted was discontinued, but the seller made things right immediately
item took too lon g for delivery, i was told that front bumper was not in stock
transaction was cancelled due to low supply of side skirts. excellect communicat
DIDNT HAVE ITEM TO SHIP! OVER 8 WEEKS! NO PHONE COMMUNICATION!!
one piece was broken seller said when called that they were not responsible.
great price,waited almost two months for product to ship out due to out of stock

poor quality
2months to receive. authenticity badge removed... scam

Old March 16th 12, 11:31 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
J. Clarke

In article , says...

[...]

You're screwed. You can join in the Garon v. Ebay lawsuit but that
won't get you any immediate relief. Right now your best bet is to go
with an alternative site. You won't do the same volume or get the same
prices as ebay but it's better than nothing.

Ebay's detailed seller ratings enforcement is an automated system and
apparently nobody has the authority to override it.

Old March 16th 12, 11:35 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
J. Clarke

In article 52ebb949-a28f-4d64-8d18-
, says...

On Mar 15, 9:29*pm, "SNORDO" wrote:
[...]

We used to just go with ebay's calculates shipping. It usually made us
a nickel or two per order, but occasionally it would collect 20 bucks
for something cost us a hundred to ship. Still got complaints about
high shipping. One of the ways that ebay screws you--they calculate the
shipping rates then punish the seller for high shipping.