Pen repair and parts advice?

Old December 1st 07, 05:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
LF

Default Pen repair and parts advice?

Finally put DaBook to use; good to see Frank's signature and read his
advice. It sat, forgotten in a draw for a few years, with an ink
encrusted collection of assorted fountain pens, while I enjoyed a Lami
Safari. I soaked a few pens in water overnight, followed Frank's
advice, and now have a working Parker 51, Schaefer school pen, and
Waterman Gentleman.

I'm very new to this, and don't want to ruin a potential treasure. The
Waterman (fine or extra fine?) seems scratchy. I wonder if the Parker
is at it's best, or just functioning ok? A couple of the still
encrusted pens look to have seriously bent nibs.

I'd like to show them to someone who knows pens, and could say "yeah,
that's how they write" or "it's a real beauty. I could get it in
great shape for about $??", or "at this point, it's not worth it --
someone could use it for spare parts".

I'd also like to know where to buy parts, like ink sacks.

Local is preferred. I live north of Boston.

Best,
Larry

Old December 2nd 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Robert Chin

"LF" wrote in message
[...]

Are you adverse to going into Boston? I can't think of a better place than
Bromfield Pen Shop. I've bought pens there and had some fix or adjusted.
Always came back great.

Old December 13th 07, 05:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Cathy Stevenson

In article
, LF
wrote:

snip

I'd also like to know where to buy parts, like ink sacks.

Local is preferred. I live north of Boston.

Best,
Larry

For online ordering of parts like ink sacs, try Tryphon:

http://www.tryphon.it/catalogo.htm

Cathy

--
"there's a dance or two in the old dame yet." - mehitabel

C.Stevenson, M.D.

Repair in Knoxvile, TN COL J. F. Burleson Juke Boxes 0 September 30th 05 03:14 AM
seeking book-repair advice Mark Sornson Books 4 February 2nd 05 03:25 PM
Wtd. amp repair Lloyd Olson Juke Boxes 3 August 17th 04 06:09 PM
Pricey Collectable Paperback Repair Advice someguy Books 0 August 10th 03 08:26 AM