Seeburg DS 160

Old March 28th 05, 06:11 AM
mhr

Default Seeburg DS 160

Need help with the selection. You make a selection and it scans twice but
does not pick a record and then stops. I have followed through the
troubleshooting section of the manual and it comes down the readout
electronics. I have checked everything in the circuit and find no
problem. Any help would be appreciated. Mel

Old March 28th 05, 01:16 PM
Joseph A. Tony Dziedzic

The troubleshootiing sections are written assuming most of the electronics are
operating within tolerance, which is usually *not* the case for thirty-plus
year old machine.

If you have not already done so, the first step is to remove the pulse
amplifier chassis from the Tormat Selection Receiver chassis and replace the
0.5 MFD capacitor located under the 12AX7 tube socket. Then check the value
of ALL resistors inside the pulse amp and replace any that have drifted in
value. I usually just replace ALL of them during a rebuild.

With the pulse amp in working order you'll probably need to replace the 0.15
MFD coupling capacitor connected to the pulse amp socket, and the 56K and 470K
resistors connected to the pulse amp and 2050 tube socket. But realistically,
you should plan to replace EVERY capacitor in the TSR chassis, and check the
value of all resistors.

The TSR produces a goodly amount of heat that bakes the components in the TSR
and pulse amp. Many of the components will have drifted in value or become
leaky. A full rebuild of the TSR and pulse amp is the best solution.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article
outcollecting.com, "mhr"

Old March 29th 05, 05:12 AM
mhr

Thanks a lot for the advice. This is what I thought was going to have to
be done but before I did it I wanted to find out from someone that knew
that this was the problem. I have started getting the components and will
just go ahead and replace all of them. Thanks, Mel