purchasing NORFED "$10" silver coins

Old July 26th 03, 06:32 AM
Lance W. Haverkamp

Default purchasing NORFED "$10" silver coins

Looking to purchase NORFED American Liberty "$10" silver coins that are
dated 2000 or earlier.

Thanks,

Reply won't work! Send email to:
Lance(at)TheHaverkamps(dot)net
(719) 495-9084

---

Old July 26th 03, 06:44 AM
mark

Looking to purchase NORFED American Liberty "$10" silver coins that are
dated 2000 or earlier.

Publishing your phone number on Usenet is asking for trouble. Buying norfeds
is almost as bad.
Old July 27th 03, 07:40 PM
Frank Provasek

This one is currently under face value:

RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO MINIMUMS http://frankcoins.com
Ebay Powerseller FRANKCOINS Texas Auction License 11259
Board member of Texas Coin Dealers Association, Fort Worth Coin Club.
Member: Texas Numismatic Assoc, American Numismatic Assoc.
Old July 28th 03, 03:22 AM
Forrest Stevens

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:22:24 GMT, "Linda"
wrote:

Details, details, man, what's the scam? Thanks!

I think "scam" might be a tad harsh. I put Norfed more on the lines
of "well-meaning but misdirected". It's basically an attempt to go to
a (privately issued) currency backed by precious metals. It's for
people who don't trust the "Full faith and credit" of the US
government.

They're web page is at:
http://www.norfed.org/

PS While I do not believe that NORFED is *designed* as a "scam",
there is tremendous potential for someone to "take the money and run"
leaving all the NORFED customers holding truely worthless paper money
-- just what they were trying to avoid!

Forrest Stevens

Old July 28th 03, 03:50 AM
Edwin Johnston

"Linda" wrote in message
. com...
Details, details, man, what's the scam? Thanks!

snip

It's yer basic multi-level marketing type scam.
Silver one ounce rounds with a face value of "10 dollars" (not legal tender
US dollars, mind you). But you can buy these rounds at a discount, if you
buy a lot or get others to buy them, etc. They also feature "currency" which
are notes to pay out in silver (they also have gold ones) rounds, which are
held in a vault somewhere.
They expect hoards of anti-government types to begin using their currencies
to do business with, creating a big demand (and thus more profits to those
who purchase the currency at a discount.)
Then there's the whole fear factor, that US currency will be completely
worthless in a couple of days and only those who have patriot money will be
able to purchase bread and milk.
Coin collector's notwithstanding, the philosophy of money being expressed by
these people (whether or not it is simply propaganda) is so entirely
outdated as to be laughable.

Old July 28th 03, 03:54 AM
Linda

Ah, thanks.

While I feel certain the US economy and fed reserve are at any time going to
come crashing in around our ears, I don't think trading silver from some
private profiteers is likely going to be the salvation, either. :-)

"Edwin Johnston" wrote in message

. com...

11 Silver Coins cianfrusaglie General 0 April 2nd 04 09:50 PM
Value Guides Keith Tilley Coins 3 July 21st 03 07:50 AM
PR: 90% Silver Coins Struck Thru 1966 WinWinscenario Coins 2 July 19th 03 11:52 PM
90% Silver Coins Struck Thru 1966 Paul Coins 0 July 19th 03 10:33 PM
WORLD SILVER COINS AVAILABLE - NO EBAY ZEVIM Coins 0 July 6th 03 10:24 PM