I don't know about you, but...

Old August 24th 05, 03:11 AM
James Higby

Default I don't know about you, but...

....I have trouble seeing twenty-five grading points difference between this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/1942-1-Mercury-D...cmdZ ViewItem

What am I missing?

James

Old August 24th 05, 04:10 AM
Ed Hendricks

James Higby wrote:
...I have trouble seeing twenty-five grading points difference
between this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/1942-1-Mercury-D...cmdZ ViewItem

What am I missing?

James

The VF-35 looks like an F-12 to me. I think the VG-8 is probably pretty
close. But what do I know? I am definitely not a Mercury dime expert.

--
©¿©¬
~

Old August 24th 05, 04:25 AM
LM5403

"James Higby" heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com wrote in message
...I have trouble seeing twenty-five grading points difference between
this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/1942-1-Mercury-D...cmdZ ViewItem

What am I missing?

James

Nothing. PCI missed by a mile. Not that there's anything unusual about that.

Old August 24th 05, 04:42 AM
Scott Stevenson

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:11:51 -0500, "James Higby"
heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com wrote:

...I have trouble seeing twenty-five grading points difference between this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/1942-1-Mercury-D...cmdZ ViewItem

What am I missing?

Well, the gold around the edge of the PCI label has to be worth
something....

Seriously, I'd give it a Fine.

take care,
Scott
Old August 24th 05, 05:14 AM
Bill Krummel

"James Higby" heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com wrote in message
...I have trouble seeing twenty-five grading points difference between
this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/1942-1-Mercury-D...cmdZ ViewItem

What am I missing?

James

I think ANACS got the grade right on their plastic. They should, and with
their reputation there should be no surprise, but with the grade inflation
I've seen pointed out by even the "respected" slabbers, my first reaction to
ANACS correct grading was not a yawn but major relief.

The PCI gold label is simply an overgrade, imo the coin is a typical fine,
perhaps a marginal fine. No surprise to me since that is consistent with
the reputation the new PCI has developed.

So, the pleasant surprise is there is no surprise, except the surprise that
there is no surprise. Ok, the word "surprise" is starting to look strange
to me.

Bill

Old August 24th 05, 01:59 PM
Gary Loveless

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:11:51 -0500, "James Higby"
heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com wrote:

...I have trouble seeing twenty-five grading points difference between this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/1942-1-Mercury-D...cmdZ ViewItem

What am I missing?

James

Diffrent grading companies for starters...............

Gary

Old August 24th 05, 02:38 PM

Bill wrote:
I think ANACS got the grade right on their plastic. They should, and with
their reputation there should be no surprise, but with the grade inflation
I've seen pointed out by even the "respected" slabbers, my first reaction to
ANACS correct grading was not a yawn but major relief.

Your thoughts are the same as mine. I think that ANACS graded its coin
correctly. I would have graded the PCI coin a VG8.

Anita

Old August 25th 05, 01:23 PM
Jerry Dennis

James Higby wrote:
...I have trouble seeing twenty-five grading points difference between this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/1942-1-Mercury-D...cmdZ ViewItem

What am I missing?

James

I don't think you're missing anything, James, but a grading guide is
definitely absent.

Jerry
VF-35? F-12 maybe.