Need help identifying dog plush lost in a fire, possibly a GUND

Old May 13th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.toys.misc,alt.disney.collecting,rec.collecting.dolls,alt.toys
[email protected]

Default Need help identifying dog plush lost in a fire, possibly a GUND

Hi all,

We're trying to identify the dog plush toy in the picture posted at
http://www.w98.us/id/pics/Gund.jpg My sister claims it was made by
GUND, but I cannot confirm that.

Long story ... my sister is dating a guy who was married and has a 9-
year old daughter from that marriage. Shortly after Christmas this
year, the duplex unit where the ex-wife lived caught fire from an
adjoining unit that was on fire, and both units were completely
destroyed, and they lost everything. Apparently some of the kids
belongings that were left at her dad's place (kid goes back and forth
between the parents all the time), included this photo, and the kid is
devastated that her favorite dog in the whole world (she named it
"Joe") was lost.

Anyhow, we're trying to track down a vendor that might sell this, or
check Craigslist or Ebay for someone selling one, but we need to know
if this doll had a model "name". (GUND gives their dolls a name,
apparently?)

Any help would be very much appreciated. Sorry for the small photo --
if you zoom in on it you can see enough detail to get a really good
idea what the dog looked like.

Thanks,
ian

Last 13 hrs. Lost Saywer Pieceworks, Autographs: Alias, Lost & others, Kid Trek Cards:- non-sport 0 June 25th 06 12:05 PM
Last day Lost Saywer Pieceworks, Autographs: Alias, Lost & others, Kid Trek Cards:- non-sport 0 June 24th 06 05:16 PM
Coin lost, then found -- but if I never knew it was lost, was it really? Bob Flaminio Coins 4 May 1st 05 05:22 AM
Possibly infected... gogu Coins 4 March 7th 04 01:24 PM
FA: Stuffed animals - Care Bear, Gund, Applause, others John Zimmerman General 0 July 13th 03 03:50 PM