U.S Mint Show On Discovery Tonight

Old July 3rd 03, 08:31 PM
MIckey

Default U.S Mint Show On Discovery Tonight

Tonight at 8 PM Central, 9 PM Eastern on The Discovery Channel is "The
U.S. Mint". I highly recommend you watch it for a real inside look at
how coins are made. If you haven't seen it before, you're in for a
real treat.
It will be repeated at these times Eastern:

Jul 04 2003
12:00 AM

Jul 05 2003
04:00 PM

Old July 5th 03, 10:44 PM
Barney

In article , "Michael G. Koerner"
wrote:

BTW, it is not unusual to get a few $1 coins from customers every day or
two at work here in the Appleton, WI area.

In my area (Scottsdale AZ) I found it interesting that yesterday, I received a
SBA as part of the payment/tip. (At first I thought it was a quarter! Now I
know why the guy was hanging on to it the way he was while moving it around
with his hand) It was the first time that ever happened since I've started my
new job. Then again, we don't have night clubs with pool tables that accept
the dollar coin. If we did, I'm sure the difference would be noticeable like
it is in your area.

I am eagarly awaiting the screaming headlines (much like with the recent
$2 FRN announcement) when the USTreasury has to order its next
production run of circulating Sacs, likely within the next year.

That will be cool. Can't wait! I only hope that they don't over produce like
last time so that a yearly production will be more practicable.

Barney