Book collecting software

Old September 16th 03, 05:41 PM
KN

Default Book collecting software

Hello,

We are currently using Insight Software's SmartTracker books for our
collection
(1,000+ volumes, mainly rare Americana). It's been easy to use and mostly
adequate
for our needs, but I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for other
book
collecting software. Many of the ones I've seen on the web seem to be more
skewed
towards collectors of modern 1sts (ability to download pictures of the dj,
search by
ISBN, etc.) Since we're collecting 16th-19th c. material, I'm less
interested in such
bells and whistles and more in the ability to create customized fields, sort
and print in
any number of ways, etc.

Thanks,
Karen

Old September 16th 03, 11:38 PM
Denise Enck

"DarkrWater" wrote in message
Hi,
Where did you get your smart tracker, and is it on the internet?

From: "KN"
Hello,

We are currently using Insight Software's SmartTracker books for our
collection
(1,000+ volumes, mainly rare Americana). It's been easy to use and

mostly
adequate
for our needs, but I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for other
book
collecting software.

Here it is:
http://www.wintools.com/stbooks/index.htm

(I haven't used it)

cheers ~
Denise

Old September 17th 03, 06:33 AM
Mark Healey

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:41:37 UTC, "KN" wrote:

Hello,

We are currently using Insight Software's SmartTracker books for our
collection
(1,000+ volumes, mainly rare Americana). It's been easy to use and mostly
adequate
for our needs, but I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for other
book
collecting software. Many of the ones I've seen on the web seem to be more
skewed
towards collectors of modern 1sts (ability to download pictures of the dj,
search by
ISBN, etc.) Since we're collecting 16th-19th c. material, I'm less
interested in such
bells and whistles and more in the ability to create customized fields, sort
and print in
any number of ways, etc.

MySQL and pretty much any programming language out there.

--
Mark Heaely
marknews(at)healeyonline(dot)com
Old September 17th 03, 08:01 PM
BookEditions

I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for other
book
collecting software

I had been using Microsoft WORK's spreadsheet software, but just this morning
stumbled on ABE books FREE software for book collecting inventory. You can
download it direct to your PC, and it is absolutely fantastic!! Just go to
their site and look for the software download and follow the onscreen
instructions. Also be sure to download the Adobe-formatted manual, but the
software is very easy to use with just the program's Help menu. Enjoy!!
Old September 17th 03, 09:15 PM
KN

Thanks very much!

"BookEditions" wrote in message
I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for other
book
collecting software

I had been using Microsoft WORK's spreadsheet software, but just this

morning
stumbled on ABE books FREE software for book collecting inventory. You

can
download it direct to your PC, and it is absolutely fantastic!! Just

go to
their site and look for the software download and follow the onscreen
instructions. Also be sure to download the Adobe-formatted manual, but

the
software is very easy to use with just the program's Help menu.

Enjoy!!

FA: Collecting American Pewter Book in DJ, K. Ebert, c. 73 fishnet531 General 0 July 3rd 04 01:20 AM
FA: 2-Days, The Collecting of Guns Book in DJ, J. Serven, c. 64 fishnet531 General 0 June 3rd 04 02:01 AM
FA: The Collecting of Guns Book in DJ, J. Serven, c. 64 fishnet531 General 0 May 28th 04 10:12 PM
autographs dani.steiner General 0 July 19th 03 06:08 AM
Reducing Autograph Collection dani.steiner Autographs 0 July 16th 03 02:29 PM