FA: WWI Artillery Trench Art, 2nd AA Bn, AEF, Completely inert

Old September 29th 03, 04:42 AM
buckeyeweb

Default FA: WWI Artillery Trench Art, 2nd AA Bn, AEF, Completely inert

WWI Artillery Trench Art, 2nd AA Bn, AEF, Completely inert

This WWI Trench Art is a complete Artillery Round (shell and bullet) that is
completely inert. It is in excellent condition. The round measures 7 inches
overall (the shell is 4 inches and bullet is 3 inches). The bullet portion
still has the fuse section and is stamped with numbers. The brass shell is
completely etched and says, (Souvenir of Lorraine, 2nd Anti-Aircraft Bn,
A.E.F.). The bottom of the shell is marked, (37-85, PD.Ps 301, 9.17) and has
the Flaming Bomb Stamp. The round has no damage, no rust, no dents or any
other damage. This was brought home from a 1st Lt. Officer who served in the
2nd AA Bn in the Moselle Operations from July-November 1918. He was at the
front during the St. Mihiel Drive. I will provide more information on the
Lt. and a picture of him to the winning bidder if desired.

To see pictures, please view at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=2194331157