Waterman Carene troubles

Old December 28th 07, 07:19 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
C Green

Default Waterman Carene troubles

My classy Waterman Carene with the delicious stub nib seems to have a bad habit,... it leaks. No matter how much or how little I use it, almost without fail there is ink on the section & thus on my fingers.
Has anyone else had problems with this pen??

Old December 29th 07, 12:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Mmm[_3_]

This is a known, occasional problem with these pens. The seal between
the inlaid nib and the section isn't perfect, and ink leaks out.

There is no fix. I have has two pens with this problem. When I called
Waterman repair (a few years ago) they knew what I was talking about
instantly. I sent the pen in, and they replaced the section.

Since then, they may have tightened up their warranty standards and
stated that they require proof of purchase (a reciept).

But in any case, thats the place to start.

They have an 800 number - 800-BEST-PEN. (no, I'm not kidding -
Sheaffer has 1-800-fine pen)

Old February 4th 08, 06:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
C Green

One of you pointed out to me that ink will flow around the interface of the
section & the inlaid nib. I tried rubbing a candle along the juncture, thus
filling this tiny gap, & I have to say it has helped, if not entirely
eliminated the problem. Who knows, another rub or two might just 'seal the
deal.'

Many thanks to all who responded to my concerns. This is a great group.
Wish there was more traffic here.

Old February 8th 08, 03:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
whoisit

"C Green" wrote in message
My classy Waterman Carene with the delicious stub nib seems to have a bad
habit,... it leaks. No matter how much or how little I use it, almost
without fail there is ink on the section & thus on my fingers.
Has anyone else had problems with this pen??

Damn. Pen shop told me it was my fault. Too late now.

Old February 10th 08, 07:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Benson J. Barr

"C Green" wrote in message
My classy Waterman Carene with the delicious stub nib seems to have a bad
habit,... it leaks. No matter how much or how little I use it, almost
without fail there is ink on the section & thus on my fingers.
Has anyone else had problems with this pen??

Damn. Pen shop told me it was my fault. Too late now.

I had the same problem with a new Carene that I received as a gift last
summer. I returned it to Waterman for service. It was sent from
Janesville to Paris for service (service for Waterman is now centralized
there according to Waterman). When I received it after about 5 weeks
the problem was fixed and it has been wonderful ever since.

MySPACE - Any troubles? pe2 Autographs 6 May 9th 07 02:55 PM
Waterman Carene leaks around nib Halsted Mencotti Bernard Pens & Pencils 7 December 14th 05 02:56 AM
Rowe Amp troubles Joe Bott Juke Boxes 0 December 30th 03 05:51 PM
Waterman Carene Repair Help kg Pens & Pencils 1 November 12th 03 07:06 PM
Waterman Carene Roller Ball - problem, please help.. BlueOrbit Pens & Pencils 1 September 11th 03 12:26 AM