It's Cinderella time.

Old March 20th 07, 08:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Default It's Cinderella time.

Part of Australia's 150th Birthday.
The Bridge was only 6 years old.

Some things to note.
You won't see "the stack of dishes" under the Bridge
at Bennelong Point, Jorn Utzon designer of the Opera House
was only just 20 then.

The Lifesaving Issue
(probably Bondi but I am not Au fait with the costume livery)
The first recorded act of "lifesaving" was to a "Charlie Smith"
later to become Sir Charles Kingsford-Smith

If you dont think Cinderellas have any place in Philately,
take a close look at the flower set.
They appeared on postage stamps just 20 years later
almost verbatim, eg Christmas Bells, Flannel flower, Banksia
and Waratah.
http://cjoint.com/data/duh2aWUWyX.htm

Aussies Enjoy.

Old March 24th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
danielcboyer

On Mar 20, 4:03 am, "Rod" wrote:
Part of Australia's 150th Birthday.
The Bridge was only 6 years old.

Some things to note.
You won't see "the stack of dishes" under the Bridge
at Bennelong Point, Jorn Utzon designer of the Opera House
was only just 20 then.

The Lifesaving Issue
(probably Bondi but I am not Au fait with the costume livery)
The first recorded act of "lifesaving" was to a "Charlie Smith"
later to become Sir Charles Kingsford-Smith

If you dont think Cinderellas have any place in Philately,

No, I am of quite the opposite view. Thanks for posting these.

Old March 24th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Mar 20, 4:03?am, "Rod" wrote:
Part of Australia's 150th Birthday.
The Bridge was only 6 years old.

Some things to note.
You won't see "the stack of dishes" under the Bridge
at Bennelong Point, Jorn Utzon designer of the Opera House
was only just 20 then.

The Lifesaving Issue
(probably Bondi but I am not Au fait with the costume livery)
The first recorded act of "lifesaving" was to a "Charlie Smith"
later to become Sir Charles Kingsford-Smith

If you dont think Cinderellas have any place in Philately,
take a close look at the flower set.
They appeared on postage stamps just 20 years later
almost verbatim, eg Christmas Bells, Flannel flower, Banksia
and Waratah.http://cjoint.com/data/duh2aWUWyX.htm

Aussies Enjoy.

Nah, Rod I don't do cinderellas, however I mightt consider a few pence
for the set, but only if the cinderella collector in my club wants
them.
I do have a block of Aborigine Post stamps for him.

Ralphael, the OLD one

Old March 25th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

No, I am of quite the opposite view. Thanks for posting these.

Daniel C. Boyer

You are welcome.
Here is another from a set I do not own
An RCSD member posted some years ago.
St Andrews Cathedral
http://cjoint.com/data/dzaMh0LY7Q.htm

If you ever need ID, I have Bill Hornadge's
"Cinderellas of Australia" book.
Rod

Old March 25th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Nah, Rod I don't do cinderellas, however I mightt consider a few pence
for the set, but only if the cinderella collector in my club wants
them.
I do have a block of Aborigine Post stamps for him.
Ralphael, the OLD one

Hah!
You would need to begin above US$70 to even begin to negotiate
Ralph.
It is understood these items were not produced for prepayment
of postage, but they run hand in hand with the mood of the time,
and capture the essence of design and feel of a young country
celebrating a milestone.
(They were also produced by the Government Printer)

This may explain why the Smithsonian institute in the US
paid US$73,000 for a dilapidated, thumbed and abused stamp
album, with, in the main, worthless stamps in 2005.
The main reason it was owned by one John Lennon, but also
that it is a fitting icon, for just about every kid in the world,
and how just about every, "stamp collector" begins his journey.

The aboriginal stamps are one of envy
http://cjoint.com/data/dzaT7OzhTo.htm

I have yet to handle these, and would have been
delighted to secure them from you!
Drat!

Old March 25th 07, 07:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Wunnerful, wunnerful, wunnerful --- got the funds to buy 'junk', but not

properly display much of the major US collection(s) they own!

I wouldn't know about that,
but perhaps in years to come, the price may be a pittance
in respect to the power of the article to inpire,
who's stamp album didn't start like this?

BTW a correction is called for, the price was c$AUD$73,000 (not US)

see John Lennons New Zealand page of the Album
http://www.glenstephens.com/snmarch07.html
some way down the page.

Old March 25th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Mar 24, 9:02�pm, "Rod" wrote:
[...]

That is the stamp I speak of, the Penny Black.
However, mine are a block of four with the Aborigne Post cancellation
in the middle. Just like a CTO.

I have yet to handle these, and would have been
delighted to secure them from you!
Drat!

I haven't really promised them to the collector of cinderellas, I just
asked him if he had them in his collection.
Speak now or forever hold your peace...

Ralphael, the OLD one

Old March 25th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

I haven't really promised them to the collector of cinderellas, I just
asked him if he had them in his collection.
Speak now or forever hold your peace...
Ralphael, the OLD one.

Thanks Ralphael,
thank you very much for the offer
but I really am second in line, so please
hand 'em on to the other collector.
I just wouldn't feel right, and anyhow things have a way
of turning up, when you least expect it
Cheers
Rod.

Old March 26th 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Mar 25, 11:19?am, "Rod" wrote:
I haven't really promised them to the collector of cinderellas, I just
asked him if he had them in his collection.
Speak now or forever hold your peace...
Ralphael, the OLD one.

Thanks Ralphael,
thank you very much for the offer
but I really am second in line, so please
hand 'em on to the other collector.
I just wouldn't feel right, and anyhow things have a way
of turning up, when you least expect it
Cheers
Rod.

NO Rod, I did not make the offer of the Abrrigne stamps to the
collector in my club. I just asked him if he had the Penny Black. He
is somewhat a serious cindrella collector as well as many other odds
and ends.
I am making the offer to you. If you would like the blacks just say so
and they will be on the way to Como Beach, post haste.

Ralph

Old March 28th 07, 01:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Mar 25, 11:19?am, "Rod" wrote:
I haven't really promised them to the collector of cinderellas, I just
asked him if he had them in his collection.
Speak now or forever hold your peace...
Ralphael, the OLD one.

Thanks Ralphael,
thank you very much for the offer
but I really am second in line, so please
hand 'em on to the other collector.
I just wouldn't feel right, and anyhow things have a way
of turning up, when you least expect it
Cheers
Rod.

Sir Rodney, I am posting this to you via the newsgroup as well as
email.
USPS has the Aborigine cinderellas, posted March 28. Let me know how
long the snail mail takes.
to add a little more eagerness to your anticipation for the block of
four: each stamp has a different face value. Look that up in your
cinderella catalog.
PLEASE do not send me anything unless I ask for it. I have accumulated
so much stuff I could open my own stamp shop....except what I have is
not worth the trouble of doing so.

Ralphael, the OLD one