Local Man Caught Selling Counterfeit Morgans He Bought on eBay

Old January 24th 14, 01:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

Default Local Man Caught Selling Counterfeit Morgans He Bought on eBay

On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 17:33:49 -0500, "Richard L. Hall"
wrote:

And the operative phrase is that neither had an intent to defraud. You
really should learn the definition of counterfeit.

I am well aware of the definition of counterfeit. I am also aware that
a counterfeit, by it's very nature, is an instrument of fraud. There
is no other purpose for it's existence.

You should really learn that.
Old January 29th 14, 02:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Richard L. Hall" wrote in message

"Bremick" wrote in message

"Jerry Dennis" wrote in message
On Sunday, January 19, 2014 3:57:16 PM UTC-5, Phil DeMayo wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 07:02:15 -0800 (PST), Jud wrote:
Good to see that you are still here Phil. See that this crook is right
in your backyard too. And again, the news media can't get the story
right. "Morgan Silver Dollars were produced from 1878 to 1904 and are
worth anywhere from hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars". What
about the 1921's? 8-) Been lurking ever since everybody else
dissapeared. Say....didn't Reid tell us ad nauseum that the Secret
Service wasn't interested in counterfeits of collectible coins? Suck it
Goldsborough.

Seems there are so few of us left from the "golden days." Almost isn't
worth stopping in anymore.

Jerry
-----------------

It's surprising to see that some "golden" folks are still here. I
abandoned RCC early last year when I got a new computer and really didn't
see any need to follow the "activity" anymore. Recently I had to
ressurrect the old Win XP desktop in order to access the genealogy data
my new Win 7 won't let me transfer. I saw RCC was still loaded so I took
a peek. At least the noise seems to have disappeared. Wishful thinking,
but maybe some coin-related posts will gradually return.

I still bounce from one coin interest to another, from tokens to
semi-keys, to bullion.

Bruce

I still come by every once in a while to see if anything is going on. It
is nice to see some of the old timers here.

I haven't been very active in the coin world lately other than some
discussions I have with a family (father, mother and 3 teenaged+ sons) who
I met several years ago. They really became interested in coins through
our discussions. And they've been very active in coins ever since. They
go all over the place for auctions and also go to the summer seminars at
the ANA in Colorado Springs.

I still have my XP and haven't really felt the need to get a more modern
machine. This machine has Outlook Express which allows me to go to the
news groups easily. I replaced IE8 with Google Chrome and that works
quite well. Apparently there is an incompatibility with IE9 and XP so I
couldn't download it.

I spend a lot of time taking art classes or playing bridge at the local
community center. It gets me out of the house and lets me meet some new
and interesting friends. I also get to display some of my works in
sponsored exhibits. I actually sold 4 ceramic pieces and two paintings.
That was cool!

And, I might go to the NOVA show in Vienna this Saturday or Sunday. I
haven't had much fun there since my favorite dealer passed away a few
years ago. He would take a coin, look up the CDN price and double it.
Then he'd sell it at half the marked price and give an extra 5-10%
discount to boot. And his grading was very accurate. Now the dealers
take the CDN price and double it and add 10%. And that's the price that
they want. It's a different world and not as much fun.

Enough for now!

Richard

I used to go to the Vienna show (I'm in Springfield) but the small venue
became so crowded that it was near impossible to get close to many of the
dealers or even walk the aisles (I feel a Yogi-ism coming on). There was
one dealer who specialized in early Lincolns who usually got most of my
spending money.

Bruce