What happened to The Tulving Company?

Old November 17th 13, 04:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Farmer[_2_]

Default What happened to The Tulving Company?

What happened to The Tulving Company?

http://golddealerreviews.com/reviews.../3-tulvingwhat

---

Old November 17th 13, 05:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Leonides

"Dave Farmer" wrote in message

What happened to The Tulving Company?

Frank took it over and ran it into the ground.

Old November 17th 13, 07:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

I have never done business with them so can't give a personal experience story. However, I do remember (vaguely) that there was some controversy about HT about 10 years or more ago. Something to do with business practices...perhaps the same problems?
Old November 19th 13, 02:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

Jud wrote:
I have never done business with them so can't give a personal experience story. However, I do remember (vaguely) that there was some controversy about HT about 10 years or more ago. Something to do with business practices...perhaps the same problems?

This one?

http://www.tulving.com/

JAM
Old November 19th 13, 10:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

In article ,
Jud wrote:

I have never done business with them so can't give a personal experience
story. However, I do remember (vaguely) that there was some controversy about
HT about 10 years or more ago. Something to do with business
practices...perhaps the same problems?

Longer than that, actually ... IIRC there wuz a Federal Trade Commission
investigation (mainly re exorbitant pricing and unrealistic profit
projections) circa 1990, followed by a chapter 7 bankruptcy a year later
and an FTC consent decree a year after than. I remember buying several
lots of proof 1964 Kennedy halves and such in Tulving slabs for around
$4.50 each at the time, with prices printed on the slab label of $25 and
up. They were all properly graded, but horribly overpriced.

He reinvented himself several years later as The Tulving Company and has
been in business for almost twenty years in mostly bullion. I've
periodically heard stories about slow delivery, but haven't heard of any
recent investigations and/or litigation ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics * * * *email:
P. O. Box 32541 * * * * * * website: *http://www.kenbarr.com
Old November 19th 13, 11:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Farmer[_2_]

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 01:40:21 -0800, Ken Barr wrote:

In article ,
Jud wrote:

[...]

check out:

http://golddealerreviews.com/reviews...lers/3-tulving

---

Old November 21st 13, 02:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jason Burke[_2_]

On 11/17/2013 8:36 AM, Leonides wrote:

"Dave Farmer" wrote in message

What happened to The Tulving Company?

Frank took it over and ran it into the ground.

Aha, ha, ha, Bobbie! That's funny! Good(?) to know you haven't succeeded
in killing yourself yet.

Old March 27th 14, 10:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Ordered a couple of times about 5 yrs ago and shipments took longer than promised. Spoke to Tulving both times and he was a real horses ass. Did not use again thank goodness.
Old April 12th 14, 05:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/t...on-secret.html
Old April 13th 14, 02:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Ellis Dee

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:33:01 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Ordered a couple of times about 5 yrs ago and shipments took longer than
promised. Spoke to Tulving both times and he was a real horses ass. Did not
use again thank goodness.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/t...on-secret.html

Your business model, Frank?

I'm looking for bullion dealer who pays comparable to Tulving [email protected] Coins 3 May 11th 09 06:57 PM
Tulving Paying Premium $ For Silver kodakoda Coins 0 October 21st 08 02:15 PM
What happened? Joe Autographs 2 October 13th 05 08:03 PM
Tulving - What Is Their Reputation (Internet Only orders??) [email protected] Coins 10 October 5th 05 01:45 AM
What happened here? Doggo Coins 4 November 10th 03 07:57 AM