Ancient acquisition

Old April 10th 10, 09:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

Default Ancient acquisition

Here's my latest:

http://rg.ancients.info/misc/Constantine_II.jpg

There's more to it than meets the eye, in hand as well. If anyone comes
up with the right answer, they win my eternal admiration.

--

Consumer: http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Old April 11th 10, 01:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_3_]

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
Here's my latest:

http://rg.ancients.info/misc/Constantine_II.jpg

There's more to it than meets the eye, in hand as well. If anyone comes up
with the right answer, they win my eternal admiration.

1) The coin has obviously been whizzed. You can see where the molten metal
has built up near the ridges.

2) It has plainly suffered PVC damage from being kept in a rigid,
non-flexible, PVC flip.

3) Being Greek, it was probably owned by an abuser-of-little-boys, so it
doesn't actually deserve any attention at all - let alone credibility -
owing to the association, however vague or tenuous.

4) It's not even Con., anyway. It's probably Julian.

5) Of course, the most egregious anachronism is the traffic lights on the
reverse. I mean: *four* lights? What colour was the fourth one, anyway?

Not bad huh? All this from a noisy, out-of-focus, motion-blurred (probably
mobile-phone-camera) snap.

You may withhold the admiration.
In some cases, I am more comfortable with contempt.

--
Jeff R.

Old April 11th 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

On 4/10/2010 8:46 PM, Jeff R. wrote:

Not bad huh?

Not bad? Bad, actually. Not even close, including the point you were
serious about. But feel free to do your thing and argue this. More later.

Old April 11th 10, 03:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_3_]

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On 4/10/2010 8:46 PM, Jeff R. wrote:

Not bad huh?

Not bad? Bad, actually. Not even close, including the point you were
serious about. But feel free to do your thing and argue this. More later.

"serious about"?

What?

Which one was that?

--
Jeff R.

Old April 11th 10, 02:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scurvy Dog[_2_]

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On 4/10/2010 8:46 PM, Jeff R. wrote:

Not bad huh?

Not bad? Bad, actually. Not even close, including the point you were serious
about. But feel free to do your thing and argue this. More later.

"serious about"?

What?

Which one was that?

--
Jeff R.

Reid is our resident dimbulb.

Old April 11th 10, 06:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Apr 10, 8:46*pm, "Jeff R." wrote:

[...]

Not bad at all.....I yield to your superior sarcasm.

Almost forgot....g

Old April 11th 10, 08:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

On 4/10/2010 8:46 PM, Jeff R. wrote:

4) It's not even Con., anyway. It's probably Julian.

Julian? Care to be more specific? Feel free to be serious or not, though
it would be more interesting if you were serious. Which Julian? Have a
Sear, RIC, or other attribution? And, most relevant to my post, can you
offer an view on how this coin might not be how it appears? Or maybe it
is how it appears?

Old April 12th 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_3_]

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On 4/10/2010 8:46 PM, Jeff R. wrote:

4) It's not even Con., anyway. It's probably Julian.

Julian? Care to be more specific? Feel free to be serious or not, though
it would be more interesting if you were serious. Which Julian? Have a
Sear, RIC, or other attribution? And, most relevant to my post, can you
offer an view on how this coin might not be how it appears? Or maybe it is
how it appears?

I was - obliquely - referring to his cousin - the Apostate.

Actually, as Phil correctly identified, I was just being sarcastic.

You know:
- trashing the thread
- adding no actual coin-related infomation
- posting from the gutter

You know the gist.

So sorry if you thought I was being serious this time.

--
Jeff R.

Old April 12th 10, 04:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Reid Goldsborough[_2_]

On 4/11/2010 8:23 PM, Jeff R. wrote:

So sorry if you thought I was being serious this time.

Why not be serious and communicate some real numismatic content. You
jumped in, so let me ask if you see anything about the coin I linked to
that's not as it should be. Or maybe you don't go back that far, to
ancient Rome.

Old April 12th 10, 05:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jeff R.[_3_]

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On 4/11/2010 8:23 PM, Jeff R. wrote:

So sorry if you thought I was being serious this time.

Why not be serious and communicate some real numismatic content. You
jumped in, so let me ask if you see anything about the coin I linked to
that's not as it should be. Or maybe you don't go back that far, to
ancient Rome.

I know nothing about the coin you linked to, although the traffic lights do
have me worried.

--
Jeff R.

My latest coin acquisition Mr. Jaggers Coins 16 April 11th 10 12:20 AM
Latest Acquisition RWF Books 0 March 24th 09 01:13 PM
A nice acquisition Francis A. Miniter[_2_] Books 7 March 17th 08 04:46 AM
Recent Acquisition: Bambi Francis A. Miniter Books 0 October 29th 07 02:35 AM
Seeburg 201 acquisition questions [email protected] Juke Boxes 2 August 31st 04 02:29 AM