Mystery doll - Fuschia...

Old July 13th 04, 01:34 AM
Tony Cianfaglione

Default Mystery doll - Fuschia...

I found a doll at a thrift store today which looks like a Barbie but says
Patent Pending for a date and I can't find a Mattel stamp on it.

It's a talking doll called Fuschia. She has a 3 way switch: ON-OFF-TRY ME.
When you switch it on, she says things like: hi, my name is Fuschia, I
love to dress up. When you snap the button of her pink blouse into the
hole in her back, she says: I love this pink blouse.

The TRY ME option didn't work but she was missing a little plug in the
back that probably activates it. She is dressed in pink lacy blouse and
pants and her high heels are wired onto her feet with clear fishing line
(professionally done so it probably is a factory thing). She has a
Barbie-style face and long blonde hair down to her waist.

I can't find her in any Sears catalogue nor on any internet site via
searches. Would anyone have any info on this doll or know where I could
find more data?

Thanks...

Old February 4th 11, 12:21 AM
Lynette Nadler Lynette Nadler is offline
Junior Member

I had also bought a doll at a thrift store. She is a Brunette. Apparently there are only two styles of this Fuschia doll. On the doll's lower back it says Thinkway... so I googled Thinkway Fuschia Doll and came up with a site that showed two doll, one blonde and one brunette. I could not find any other information on these dolls... however my daughter loves it! It looks like there are two sensors on the back. When she covers one up and then presses the buttons the doll says different phrases depending on which sensor you cover. Pretty neat. I also discovered when I went to this website that there is some kind of wire control that attaches to the doll's back. My doll did not come with one of these controls. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Cianfaglione View Post
[...]

CPK Dolls & Misc Items--- FS Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:53 PM
CPK D O L L S FS Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:30 AM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:12 AM
CPK Items For Sale!!! Disregard Below - Sorry Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 08:48 PM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 02:11 AM