Guess whose auction got cancelled?

Old April 10th 13, 11:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

Default Guess whose auction got cancelled?

On Mar 20, 11:00*am, oly wrote:

You rely on what the sellers' packaging says for your legal advice???

No, I relied on my eBay account rep's advice based on my reading him
the exact wording on the
packaging, that they were not copies of "any actual coin" but
represented the "style" of the era.

*Frank's conclusion that the "University of Oxford" endorses
these fakes is also preposterous - but then absurd rationalization
seems to be Frank's life coping mechanism.

The Ashmolean is a University of Oxford Museum and a Department of the
University, which owns the collections,
employs the museum staff, and is solely responsible for all
operations, which would include oversight on the gift shop
inventory. How is that an absurd rationalization? Of course YOU have
made such "rationalizations" that if I made
a post in RCC at 2 a.m. I must be up all night on drugs. The truth
is, that many self-employed people find themselves
working long hours that no paid employee (or fair labor laws) would
tolerate.
Old April 11th 13, 12:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Apr 10, 5:59*pm, Frank Provasek wrote:
On Mar 20, 11:00*am, oly wrote:

[...]

Gift shops are just gift shops, some university committee doesn't
review every one pound fifty pence item.

There are many treasures in that Ashmolean gift shop, especially
wonderful books, and I am certain that nobody from the University
reviews the book inventory for what the books say - although that
might be of some value.

Indeed, if I remember how the bar codes in that Gift Shop look, it is
just possible they state that the gift shop is leased to a third party
(if memory serves, the tags have the third-party vendor's name on
them). The Ashmolean has an excellent restauarant (two of them now,
actually) and I am very certain that they are also leased to a third
party - it is the same company that feeds visitors to the British
Museum and the Tower of London.

Frank, IMHO, you are a **** poor incompetent spammer of RCC, a psuedo-
intellectual in your own mind and nowhere else, and another sadd coin
dealer who seemingly can't make an adequate living - you are clearly a
cut below most people who hang out a shingle in this business. If you
qualify for Social Security, you really should make your application.

oly