Virus Threat

Old September 20th 03, 12:34 AM
Dale Gann

Default Virus Threat

I have been receiving a ton of emails from somebody(s) infected with
a Virus. I am trying to figure out who it is. I am a member of
several
card trading groups, so I was wondering if you are also receiving
emails
with a subject line of (to name only a few):

Customer Support
Microsoft
Microsoft Corporation Customer Assistance
Microsoft Corporation Customer Services
Microsoft Corporation Internet Security Division
Microsoft Corporation Internet Security Department
MS Net Message Storage Service

You or anybody else can read about it at:

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/defau...virus_k=100662

I have scanned my PC 4 times with the latest McAfee virus software to
ensure
that I am not infected. A characteristic of this virus is that it is
evidently sending out emails to huge distros using my email address,
as I am
also getting failed email delivery verifications, to email addresses
that I
do not even know. I do not have these emails in my sent folder, so
they are
not actually coming from my PC, but probably from the infected
person's PC
(somehow spoofing my email address).

I am also going to send an email to other news groups
that I am
in.

Thanks,
Dale

Old September 20th 03, 01:44 AM
Flapnther 801

I've been getting the same emails. Checked my computer with McAffee and it says
I'm fully protected and no virus was found.
Old September 20th 03, 04:13 AM
Yvon Olivier

I am receiving those same ****in' virus, and was told thru my company server
that there was nothing they can do avout it, you have to find from wich
server they are coming from, and write to them about it. so that they can
locate the ones sending those viruses
reveived a ton of them since yesterday
_nMab.525816$uu5.87552@sccrnsc04...

Old September 20th 03, 10:08 AM
JB

Dale,

I have been getting the exact same emails.

Joe

Dale Gann wrote:
[...]

OT any Virus Experts out there? nohope587 Coins 11 March 25th 04 11:46 AM
Virus problem George D Coins 6 March 20th 04 07:07 PM
Virus Threat Dale Gann Baseball 7 September 22nd 03 01:36 AM
Virus Threat Dale Gann Basketball 0 September 20th 03 12:34 AM
sobig virus DONDI3 Coins 28 August 24th 03 06:33 PM