FS Stamp Collection - Not a troll

Old August 2nd 03, 06:32 PM
ILBCNURICO

Default FS Stamp Collection - Not a troll

I have recently come into a collection of US and world stamps in books and very
few loose ones and these are in cellophane envelopes. My aunt spent in the
neighborhood of $20k on this collection. I would like to sell them but not give
them away. I'm not interested in breaking down the books as they have obvious
value and would rather sell them in book form or as a complete lot. I have a
dig. camera and can post/send pix as to those interested. Your kind suggestions
on this would be greatly appreciated. I live in the South Fla.
Warm regards
C.J.Rico
Old August 2nd 03, 07:40 PM
Bob Ingraham

This newsgroup's charter does not allow for commercial posts. You should go
to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace.

Bob

Old August 3rd 03, 09:10 PM
ILBCNURICO

This newsgroup's charter does not allow for commercial posts. You should go
to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace.

Bob

Well "Bob", I am aware of NG prtocol, this was/is not a commercial sale it is
by a private individual, me. But as the saying goes "there's one in every bar".
and so, it appears, in this NG. However, thank you for your imput.
Old August 3rd 03, 09:57 PM
Bob Ingraham

Well, "ILBCNURICO," I too am aware of NG protocol (more aware than you,
obviously). My name really is Bob (do you have a name?), and this newsgroup
does not allow any commercial postings, period, not even from the Pope. As
you say, there's one in every bar, in this case someone -- yourself -- who
doesn't follow the rules. One way to guarantee that you don't sell your
stamps to anyone in this newsgroup is to ignore protocol.

Bob Ingraham

Old August 4th 03, 03:53 AM

In the interest of what is "commercial" as far as this newsgroup is
concerned, if it is for sale, auction or trade, it does more appropriately
belong in rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace. You discuss here and you sell
in marketplace.

"Dave" (a real name)
"ILBCNURICO" wrote in message

This newsgroup's charter does not allow for commercial posts. You should

go
to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace.

Bob

Well "Bob", I am aware of NG prtocol, this was/is not a commercial sale it

is
by a private individual, me. But as the saying goes "there's one in every

bar".
and so, it appears, in this NG. However, thank you for your imput.

spellcheck please.

Old August 4th 03, 04:38 PM
J. A. Mc.

FWIW -here's the relevent portion of the charter - posted in full to
his reply.

"Q. Does it matter whether I'm a commercial dealer or a private party?

A. Yes. Commercial dealers may not post advertising in
rec.collecting.stamps.discuss. Private parties may only post offers
to trade in rec.collecting.stamps.discuss. Private parties may only
post offers to buy, sell, or auction in
rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace."

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 02:53:16 GMT, found
these unused words floating about: