Real AudioTex test tape for $10.50...why buy a fraud?

Old November 14th 05, 08:28 PM
DeserTBoB

Default Real AudioTex test tape for $10.50...why buy a fraud?

The notoriously innacurate Audiotex 8 track "test tape" sold on eBay,
in the original box, for $10.50 today. Why, then, would ANYONE pay
ANYTHING for Charlie Nudo's frauds?
Old November 14th 05, 11:16 PM
oil baron

DeserTBoB wrote:
The notoriously innacurate Audiotex 8 track "test tape" sold on eBay,
in the original box, for $10.50 today. Why, then, would ANYONE pay
ANYTHING for Charlie Nudo's frauds?

Is that all ? I get $20-30 each for my high quality test tapes.

oh well- you only get what you pay for !

Old November 14th 05, 11:54 PM
WWW

Why, then, would ANYONE pay
ANYTHING for Charlie Nudo's frauds?
Voodoo, mirrors, or hypnosis would be my top three choices. I
have never used or felt I needed a "test tape" so any price defies
logic to me. I did sell one on Ebay some years back. I tried it out
prior to selling it, but my feeling was it was basically hokum.
Something like argon gas filled sealed units.

Old November 15th 05, 01:43 AM
DeserTBoB

On 14 Nov 2005 15:54:42 -0800, "WWW" wrote:

Why, then, would ANYONE pay

ANYTHING for Charlie Nudo's frauds?
Voodoo, mirrors, or hypnosis would be my top three choices. I
have never used or felt I needed a "test tape" so any price defies
logic to me. I did sell one on Ebay some years back. I tried it out
prior to selling it, but my feeling was it was basically hokum.
Something like argon gas filled sealed units. snip

A good alignment tape for any analog tape format is essential to
making it work properly. You've evidently slept through all my posts
about that awhile back. My bone to pick with Noodles is, he is
selling FAKES of alignment tapes, which will misalign azimuth.

Your premise that alignment tapes are "hokum" is as incorrect as
Noodles' phony tapes.

dB
Old November 15th 05, 12:45 PM
oil baron

BWAAHAHAHAHAHA....

DB gets put in his place once again, by a superior mind that can't be
moved by liberal DB logic

face it DB, you lose

again

Old November 15th 05, 12:51 PM
oil baron

you are correct- a sharp technician can adjust an 8-track deck with a
good Columbia cart

being many 8-tracks had varying track assignments to begin with, the
ultimate playback machine would be one with an external head/tracking
adjustment knob

notice how VHS and Beta tape decks have tracking adjustment- the same
logic applies to 8-tracks.

I have a Lou Reed tape that was recorded by the factory at least 1/2 of
a track off- it takes major adjustment to play correctly in any deck.

What's nice about the Telex Viking decks is, the adjustment screw is on
TOP of the deck, and the lid removes easily- better yet, drill a small
hole in the top and leave a nut driver on the adjustment screw at all
times- and adjust on a tape by tape basis

the only other option is, don't play tapes that double track- which is
what most will do with double tracking tapes.

I've found that about 10-20% of the 8-track carts made, have
varying/improper tracking assignments- and will ghost track on any deck
due to it- unless the deck is adjusted for that specific tape

adjust your deck to play an oddball tape, then it's way off for the
other 80% of the tapes with correct tracking assignments

that's the beauty, or downfall, of the format- depending on how you
look at it- 8track is a hands on format- not for the whining
complainers and squeamish, like DB

Old November 15th 05, 03:19 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

I did not sleep through them Prof. Bob. Honest. I enjoyed and
appreciated the work you put into the postings. I just imagine most of
the problems with the 8 track will hardly be swept away by an alignment
tape. 30+ year old tapes and machinery and limited free time means I
just pop them in and hope for the best. I am jealous of you tinkerers
that can get them up to speed though.
The "hokum" part is where pople that had no idea how to use them
and had some two bit player were convinced by some advertising that
their life, or at least their audio sensory perception, was incomplete
without running out and securing one. I suppose that might be the
reason people are wanting these Trippin Cottage Industry efforts. Or
voodoo.

Old November 15th 05, 04:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

On 15 Nov 2005 07:19:23 -0800, "WWW" wrote:

I did not sleep through them Prof. Bob. Honest. I enjoyed and
appreciated the work you put into the postings. I just imagine most of
the problems with the 8 track will hardly be swept away by an alignment
tape. 30+ year old tapes and machinery and limited free time means I
just pop them in and hope for the best. I am jealous of you tinkerers
that can get them up to speed though.
The "hokum" part is where pople that had no idea how to use them
and had some two bit player were convinced by some advertising that
their life, or at least their audio sensory perception, was incomplete
without running out and securing one. I suppose that might be the
reason people are wanting these Trippin Cottage Industry efforts. Or
voodoo. snip

Points well taken.

dB
Old November 15th 05, 06:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes

cottage industry RULES !

DB loses