preparing Seeburg HF100R for move

Old January 7th 11, 08:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Ross

Default preparing Seeburg HF100R for move

I plan to move a Seeburg HF100R and have never worked on a Seeburg of
this vintage before.
Any coaching you can give me about preparing it to be moved,
safeguarding the mech, would be appreciated.
Can I move it laying on it's back? With thanks, john
Old January 9th 11, 03:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

John Ross wrote:
I plan to move a Seeburg HF100R and have never worked on a Seeburg of
this vintage before.
Any coaching you can give me about preparing it to be moved,
safeguarding the mech, would be appreciated.
Can I move it laying on it's back? With thanks, john

They can be moved on their backs, but first you must tighten the
shipping bolts that are located on each end of the record rack frame.

Next it would be a REALLY good idea to secure the mechanism using the
original shipping bolts - these are two long thin machine screws that
are threaded on one end for about 4 inchs, at which point it flares out
a bit to act as a washer - then it returns to the rod for about six
inches and flares out again for a thumb grip and has a hole drilled for
a tie wire.

These are sometimes found inside the jukebox (one can hope!) or you may
want to make one up. I have a picture here of the bolt:

http://www.flippers.com/images/Seebu...pingBolt-1.JPG

http://www.flippers.com/images/Seebu...pingBolt-2.JPG

Hope this helps!

Also, make SURE the back door is well secured! We usually take it right
off for transport as they have a tendency to fall open at the worst
possible time...don't forget to secure the plugs and cables so they are
not going to get damaged when flopped on the back and the door is off!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old January 9th 11, 07:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Ross

Thank you John, and Dave.
Your coaching is very much appreciated.

--
* * (Please post followups or tech enquiries to the newsgroup)
* John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9