Triple D, packratting junk for the "season"

Old September 28th 06, 06:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Triple D, packratting junk for the "season"

It's obvious what "Triple D" (The Dumpster Diver of Drums) is doing
these days...packratting more junk ripped out of dead old coal miners'
homes to try to scam on eBay. Now, he's adding more Google Groups
accounts in hopes he can spam all that crap this winter.

Ain't gonna happen, Noodles. They're onto you now, and I'm onto you
like a license tag!

BTW....Pontiacs NEVER used Chevrolet THM350s. You were outed again as
a FRAUD in that Chrysler group!
Old September 29th 06, 03:56 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
White Trash 1994 Pontiac!

DeserTBoB wrote:
It's obvious what "Triple D" (The Dumpster Diver of Drums) is doing
these days...packratting more junk ripped out of dead old coal miners'
homes to try to scam on eBay. Now, he's adding more Google Groups
accounts in hopes he can spam all that crap this winter.

Ain't gonna happen, Noodles. They're onto you now, and I'm onto you
like a license tag!

BTW....Pontiacs NEVER used Chevrolet THM350s. You were outed again as
a FRAUD in that Chrysler group!

Funny how he "sold" that Bronco but feedback never appeared. That's
what happens when you shill bid your own auction.

Old September 29th 06, 05:24 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 28 Sep 2006 19:56:43 -0700, "White Trash 1994 Pontiac!"
wrote:

Funny how he "sold" that Bronco but feedback never appeared. That's
what happens when you shill bid your own auction. snip

Hmmmm...seems eBay didn't show due diligence in following up on that.
Perhaps a bigger hammer will get their attention....
Old September 29th 06, 02:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
The Paris Gun

Default Dumb Ass DeserTBob WRONG again-doesn't know what had a TH350

DeserTBoB wrote:
It's obvious what "Triple D" (The Dumpster Diver of Drums) is doing
these days...packratting more junk ripped out of dead old coal miners'
homes to try to scam on eBay. Now, he's adding more Google Groups
accounts in hopes he can spam all that crap this winter.

Ain't gonna happen, Noodles. They're onto you now, and I'm onto you
like a license tag!

BTW....Pontiacs NEVER used Chevrolet THM350s. You were outed again as
a FRAUD in that Chrysler group!

obviously DeserTBob never owned a decent car with this classic
transmission in it, the best automatic ever made in history

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/th350.htm

Engine Compatibility and Adaptability
GM
The front face TH350 is natively compatible with either the Chevrolet
90 degree "Small Block" & "Big Block" patterned engines,
including the V6, V8, I6 & Iron Duke I4. Another version, the Buick /
Oldsmobile / Pontiac (BOP) TH350 will be compatible with the Buick 90
degree V6 & V8 engines, and the Olds & Pontiac 90 degree V8. This
"BOP" version features a "valley" at the twelve o'clock
position of the block flange where the peak would be on the Chevy
(pictured) version.

Old September 29th 06, 03:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
The Paris Gun

DeserTBoB wrote:
It's obvious what "Triple D" (The Dumpster Diver of Drums) is doing
these days...packratting more junk ripped out of dead old coal miners'
homes to try to scam on eBay. Now, he's adding more Google Groups
accounts in hopes he can spam all that crap this winter.

Ain't gonna happen, Noodles. They're onto you now, and I'm onto you
like a license tag!

BTW....Pontiacs NEVER used Chevrolet THM350s. You were outed again as
a FRAUD in that Chrysler group!

WRONG- Pontiac, Buick, Olds, and Chevy all used the TH350 trans- from
mid-1960's to 1980's

Chevy just had a different bellhousing pattern for 2 bolts

http://www.iwaynet.net/~gl&lisk/1975ta.html

Inadvertantly, they just might have. It seems a wheezy 185 hp 400 was
the base motor, (it's power nearly halved from the Ram Air IV hey-day)
barely had enough horsepower to make a speedometer which progressed
past the 100 mile per hour mark an issue. Not only was the power
produced utilarian, but so was it's power band, peaking at a mere 3600
rpm. With days of 3.73 gears long since gone, this meant it's power
peak would be achieved while cruising at about 60 mph. The torque peak
of 310 lb/ft at 1600 rpm was more suited for the axle ratios of the
current period, giving a nice thrusty feel at the national speed limit
of 55 mile per hour. If a Turbo-Hydramatic 350 was mated to the 400,
the engine was coded YS . Applications the called for the 4-speed
manual go the WT coded engine.

Old September 29th 06, 03:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
The Paris Gun

DUMB-ASS DeserTBoB wrote:

BTW....Pontiacs NEVER used Chevrolet THM350s. You were outed again as
a FRAUD in that Chrysler group!

I still have the owners' manual for my Firebird, it says TH350 right in
the manual

and explain this, you DUMB ASS

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/co...gmth350id.html

Bolt Pattern
The Turbo 350 case commonly comes with three different bolt patterns.
Some cases have a Chevy engine bolt pattern, some cases have the Buick,
Olds, Pontiac, and Caddy bolt pattern, and some have both. It is well
worth getting the dual pattern, or unicase, Turbo 350. If you ever
think you might do an engine swap, you won't have to worry about the
transmission. It will also help the resale of the transmission because
it will work with more engine combinations.

The Buick, Olds, Pontiac, and Caddy engine bolt pattern is easily
identified by the valley at the top and the Chevy pattern is peaked on
the top. The dual pattern transmission in the picture on the right has
both patterns. You can see the valley and peak. Each set of bolts
around the top is in a pair. The alignment pin and the lower bolt is
the same.

Old September 29th 06, 06:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 29 Sep 2006 07:00:27 -0700, "The Paris Gun"
wrote:

WRONG- Pontiac, Buick, Olds, and Chevy all used the TH350 trans- from
mid-1960's to 1980's snip

HAHAHAHAHA! The THM350 didn't even EXIST until 1969, because
Chevrolet Division was too cheap to pay for 400s.

Engine Compatibility and Adaptability
GM
The front face TH350 is natively compatible with either the Chevrolet
90 degree "Small Block" & "Big Block" patterned engines,
including the V6, V8, I6 & Iron Duke I4. Another version, the Buick /
Oldsmobile / Pontiac (BOP) TH350 will be compatible with the Buick 90
degree V6 & V8 engines, and the Olds & Pontiac 90 degree V8. This
"BOP" version features a "valley" at the twelve o'clock
position of the block flange where the peak would be on the Chevy
(pictured) version. snip

See, Noodles...you do what you accuse me of doing...getting all my
knowledge from the Net and shop manuals. Not only that, your
information here is faulty. Anyone who KNOWS anything about
transmissions knows that:

Chevrolet Division originally developed the THM350 to go behind their
small blocks to save costs over Detroit Transmission's THM 400.
Chevrolet didn't even OFFER anything with three speeds until 1968,
when falling sales demanded that they start offering THM400s behind
their "big blocks" in the Impala/Caprice line AS AN OPTION. The
standard was still PowerSlide in '68. The THM350 was offered in all
V8 powered cars in '69 while they cleaned out the rest of the
PowerSlides as standard equipment. 1970 Chevrolets all used their own
THM350, with the Chevy bolt patters and the 27 (I think?) tooth yoke
spline, same as the PowerSlide.

B-O-P didn't go along and had Detroit Transmission develop their
own...the THM375, which was essentially a scaled down 400 without the
350's cheapness. You didn't even have to get under the car to
identify a 375 from a 350...the 375 didn't have that overly late,
drawn out 1-2 part throttle shift the 350 had. The 350s had a
kickdown linkage, while the 400s held on to solenoid kickdown, as did
the 375. The 375 was installed in ALL B-O-P cars with displacements
up to 400 cu in until 1972. Buick had their own version with a
switch-pitch conveter, a Buick Division trademark since 1954. 455s had
the THM400, Buick's version with the switch-pitch conveter, a
desireable find today.

Under orders from Woodward Ave. to cut costs (and quality) further
during their "less car for more money" campaign of the early '70s,
B-O-P divisions were forced to abandon their own THM375 and use
Chevrolet's THM350 with a different bolt pattern/bell housing until GM
could start eliminating the other divisions' engines in yet another
cheapening and economy move. This was the THM375B, which caused a lot
of trans shops a LOT of dyspepsia, since a THM375 kit would NOT
service a THM375B, and the case lengths were different (shorter) and
they used linkage kickdown. The 375B also had extra clutch disks and
plates in the clutch packs to try to handle (not all that well, mind
you) the extra torque of 400" engines. B-O-P 455s also got this
****box in '72, while Chevrolet and GM Truck and Coach pickups still
used the THM400. I remember working on a '72 Pontiac Catalina and
spying the new "375B." The test drive after the tune-up confirmed the
late 1-2 shift of a 350. A neighbor's '70 Catalina 400 had the
THM400. GM had started its long drive to where it is now...the bottom
of the barrel.

Later, starting in '75, GM would dictate that Chevrolet engines AND
transmissions (the THM350) would be used in ALL V8-equipped cars
interchangably to give them yet another cost savings (and quality
decrease). This plan was hindered by years due to the famous
"Chevy-in-an-Olds" lawsuit against GM by a disgruntled customer who'd
bought an Olds Omega, got it home, and found a Chevy 350 under the
hood and the THM 350. GM was ordered to replace the car at no cost to
the buyer, and many Olds Omegas were similarly turned in for Olds 350s
with THM375Bs. Thus, GM tried to pull a fast one, got caught, and it
would up wiping out any cost savings. This didn't stop them, and by
1980, almost all Olds Cutlasses and Buick Regals had Chevy powertrains
as their base offering. If one wanted a "real Olds" or "real Buick,"
he'd have to pay more for a larger displacement engine.

I remember this well, because while I was at the local Olds/Cad
dealership getting parts, I'd stopped by the lot to check out the new
Olds Omega, essentially a rebadged Chevy Nova, but supposedly with
Olds "niceties." It was bizzare! I opened the hood on one, there was
a Chevy 350. Open another, there was an Olds 4 bbl 350! Different
transmissions, too! The salesman was VERY upset that I was looking at
this, but I told him to **** off. There was 12 Omegas on the lot that
day...eight with Chevrolet powertrains, and only four with Oldses,
most being the 4 bbl option. A discussion with my attorney father
confirmed that this was fraud, and they'd probably get caught. I read
about the lawsuit about six months later in the LA Times. GM would,
nonetheless, go one cheapening and chintzing in the late '70s, when
they started putting Chevette transmissions (THM200) in full- and
intermediate-sized products, which instigated another nationwide
lawsuit in the '80s.

GM...the worst there is!

Go ahead, Noodles...try to refute these facts.
Old September 29th 06, 06:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 29 Sep 2006 06:49:37 -0700, "The Paris Gun"
wrote:

obviously DeserTBob never owned a decent car with this classic
transmission in it, the best automatic ever made in history snip

"Classic" piece of ****. See my previous post and eat gravel, idiot.

http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/th350.htm snip

This site is WRONG.
Old September 29th 06, 06:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 29 Sep 2006 07:05:08 -0700, "The Paris Gun"
wrote:

I still have the owners' manual for my Firebird, it says TH350 right in
the manual snip

In 1970?? I do not believe you at all, unless is was yet another
marketing fraud by GM to try to make the 350 and 375 seem like the
same box. The truth is that the 350 cost about $75 less a unit to
build than the 375, and the 375 was a better transmission..

and explain this, you DUMB ASS

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/co...gmth350id.html snip

Another bunch of idiots with misinformation.

Bolt Pattern
The Turbo 350 case commonly comes with three different bolt patterns.
Some cases have a Chevy engine bolt pattern, some cases have the Buick,
Olds, Pontiac, and Caddy bolt pattern, and some have both. It is well
worth getting the dual pattern, or unicase, Turbo 350. If you ever
think you might do an engine swap, you won't have to worry about the
transmission. It will also help the resale of the transmission because
it will work with more engine combinations. snip

WRONG! The B-O-P pattern until '72 was the THM375, built by Detroit
Transmission Division. The Chevy pattern was the THM350.

The Buick, Olds, Pontiac, and Caddy engine bolt pattern is easily
identified by the valley at the top and the Chevy pattern is peaked on
the top. The dual pattern transmission in the picture on the right has
both patterns. You can see the valley and peak. Each set of bolts
around the top is in a pair. The alignment pin and the lower bolt is
the same. snip

Cadillac NEVER used a THM375 OR THE350 until late in the '70s, when
they were forced to do so by corporate dictum. THe first year
Cadillac used the THM350 was 1978, another year of extreme cheapening
for GM. By 1980, Cadillac was forced to used a gussied-up Chevette
transmission, the THM200, which instigated a rash of fraud lawsuits,
which buyers won. Cadillac used THM400s exclusively from 1965 to
1977. In 1964, first years of the THM400, half the production had the
Dual Coupling Hydra Matic (4 speed) and the later half had the 400s.
'64 Cads with Dual Coupling HMs. are worth more than the 400s...wonder
why?
Old September 29th 06, 07:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Dumb Ass Noodles DELUDED again