US savings rate lowest since 1933

Old January 31st 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default US savings rate lowest since 1933

Resist that urge for a big screen HDTV etc.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business...ting-headlines

Old January 31st 06, 10:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

stonej wrote:

Resist that urge for a big screen HDTV etc.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business...ting-headlines

Figures I am always bucking the trend! I am saving at a rate I woulda
thought impossible 4 years ago. Opened a Roth IRA today to hold the
mutual funds and am opening an online savings to get those 4+% rates.

Prime moved higher again today, and I am glad to be well quit of
consumer debt, with no car loans, no credit cards and all my accounts
paying me interest without fees.

Alan
'you can do a lot with a little, trust me'
Old January 31st 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Alan Williams wrote in
:

stonej wrote:

Resist that urge for a big screen HDTV etc.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business....economy31jan3
1,1,4222200.story?page=2&coll=bal-investing-headlines

Figures I am always bucking the trend! I am saving at a rate I woulda
thought impossible 4 years ago. Opened a Roth IRA today to hold the
mutual funds and am opening an online savings to get those 4+% rates.

Prime moved higher again today, and I am glad to be well quit of
consumer debt, with no car loans, no credit cards and all my accounts
paying me interest without fees.

Alan
'you can do a lot with a little, trust me'

Teach us, oh Master!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Old February 1st 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Eric Babula wrote:

Alan Williams wrote in
:

stonej wrote:

Resist that urge for a big screen HDTV etc.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business....economy31jan3
1,1,4222200.story?page=2&coll=bal-investing-headlines

Figures I am always bucking the trend! I am saving at a rate I woulda
thought impossible 4 years ago. Opened a Roth IRA today to hold the
mutual funds and am opening an online savings to get those 4+% rates.

Prime moved higher again today, and I am glad to be well quit of
consumer debt, with no car loans, no credit cards and all my accounts
paying me interest without fees.

Alan
'you can do a lot with a little, trust me'

Teach us, oh Master!

LOL! Thanks for your confidence. IMO, it starts by not buying what you
dont need...like software upgrades! My browser, mail and Newsreader
client work just fine, even though they are on MacOS 8.6. My WORD
processor is WORD 98...why upgrade? It does what a word processor is
supposed to do!

My 'car'...my car is a 2000 Toyota Tacoma that I paid off in June 2004.
113,900 miles and still in fine working order, no rust, and 4WD to boot.
Change the oil regularly, keep the tires inflated and dont drive into a
tree, you're all set. It's got one (1) luxury option, air conditioning.
Oh! You should trade it in while the book value is still (fill in the
blank)! What the hell for? So I can *owe* $20,000 again? The hell I
will!

iPod smyPod. X-Box? X-rated! Tivo? VHS dammit learm to program that
thing. I do not need to store that drivel off the airwaves onto a hard
drive.

Coins? Buy as many as you can afford. Be sure to search for the good
onee that circulate at face value.

I earn less money a year than some people reading this pay in taxes.
But by golly, I dont owe crap to nobody. Thats the STate of MY Union,
and if the damn lying Republicans had kept their promises the whole
steenking nation would be run that way.

Alan
'fiscal conservative, social liberal'