Advice from Freeman and or Peck owners

Old January 30th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins

Default Advice from Freeman and or Peck owners

Hello all,
I am after a bit of advice, I own a copy of Freeman, but it is a first
edition copy. In it he lists 7 obverses for the bronze bunhead farthing
series. Had any new obverses been identified in the second edition? Can
anyone confirm how many Peck identified?

Many Thanks
Colin G.

Old January 30th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins

In a recent message "Colin G." wrote:

Hello all,
I am after a bit of advice, I own a copy of Freeman, but it is a first
edition copy. In it he lists 7 obverses for the bronze bunhead farthing
series. Had any new obverses been identified in the second edition?

No.

Can
anyone confirm how many Peck identified?

Five.

(That information IS on my web site,
see http://www.tclayton.demon.co.uk/farth.html)

Regards

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old January 31st 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins

Tony,
Thanks for that, it was only the other day that I was reading that exact
section of your website!!, I have a head like a sieve sometimes. I think I
have identified obverse number 8 and just wanted to make sure that I was not
repeating something that had been covered in Freemans second edition.

Many Thanks
Colin G

Thanks
Colin G.

Old January 31st 06, 11:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,uk.rec.collecting.coins

Colin,

Peck's 1970 second edition lists five obverse type for the bronze farthings
between 1860 to 1895.

Regards,

Robert

.uk...

Old February 1st 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Easy to explain, Robert. All posts to this thread (except this one)
were crossposted to both NG's. HTH
Aram.