i don't understand why the fed would want you to collect coins

Old November 24th 04, 07:38 PM

Default i don't understand why the fed would want you to collect coins

it seems to me that a collected coin is not doing its job of
circulating

and if it is not circulating they have to make more to take their
places
costing money but i guess they just make more to pay themselves

i'm not sure how this money idea really works in real life

it seems to me if everybody collected the coins there wouldn't be
enought to make change or use in parking meters

but i guess they can make as much change as they want but if i were
them i would change nothing on the coin not even the date(why bother)
to keep them circulating

i love the idea of a $1 coin (i guess it will always have a woman on
it from now on i see the trend) but i've only seen one in a cash
register and never have been given any as change

has anybody been given a $1 coin in change without asking or bein
asked for it?
Old November 25th 04, 04:37 AM
tom

wrote in message
om...
[...]

The government wants you to collect coins because
the cost too make the coin is much less than its
intrinsic value.

Old November 25th 04, 04:42 AM
Cliff

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 04:37:49 GMT, "tom" wrote:

wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Just like the post office wants you to collect stamps. They print
them, you buy them and they bank the money because they never really
have to do anything for the "services" you've purchased. The mint and
even the BEP know it too, they make good money on what you buy and
most of the stuff never sees any type of real commerece once it's
slabbed or put away.

Old November 25th 04, 02:47 PM
phil

This is an interesting editorial from Gokd Eagle about the fiat money
system.It may explain a little about how the monetary system works.

http://www.gold-eagle.com/gold_diges...ott112404.html

--
Today 50 families will find out their child has autism.
1 in 150 children have an autism spectrum disorder.
om...

Old November 25th 04, 04:46 PM
note.boy

An article in the December issue of Coin News UK states that the
seigniorage so far for the state quarter program is $3.1 billion and it
could exceed $5.1 billion. Billy

tom wrote:

om...

Old November 25th 04, 05:01 PM
Jim Wild

No 2000man. Those gold dollars were a bust. I have never spent or
recieved one in real life. But from what I understand, they are a hit in
South America. The concept of metal dollars will never catch on in this
country. I do favor the minting of $5, $10, and $20 coins. Maybe one
day.

Jim