Wulitzer Cartridge Question

Old September 2nd 03, 12:24 AM
ed paladin

Default Wulitzer Cartridge Question

Am looking to replace the cartridge (or stilus) in my Wulitzer
Carillon (1972 - stero) but having difficulty finding either. The
cartridge in the machine has no identifying markings or numbers. It is
mint green in colour but I don't think it is a Cobra. What makes it
unusual is that it has only three pins. I assumed that meant it had a
common negative for each channel so I substituted a stereo ceramic
cartridge and bridge the two negatives. It works but doesn't sound
nearly as good as the cartridge that was in the unit. Does anyone
know where I can get one of these or a repalcement stylus? Have tried
Dave's Juke Joint and Ed Saunders without any luck.
Old September 2nd 03, 07:48 AM
Oliver Stamann

Hello Mr. Paladin,
if you have a light green cartridge in your Wurlitzer Carillon it's
still the original crystal pickup. You are right about the three pins.
It has an internal bridge for the two negatives.
We would have new diamond tip needles if you need.
Sometimes these cartridges are dried out and don't give enough voltage
for the amp anymore. The sound is just weak. In that case you might
better want to get a new cartridge. The Pfanstiehl P 132-D fits ok in
that tonearm. Others might be too big.
We have that cartridge in our program but others too of course.

Kind regards - Oliver Stamann
mailorder: www.jukebox-world.de/shop/index-englisch.html
classified ads: www.jukebox-world.de/content/en/start.php3
jukebox-forum: www.jukebox-world.de/Forum/list.php?f=1