NY Attorney General halts sales of silver-plated WTC "coins"

Old October 13th 04, 06:50 PM
Tom DeLorey

Default NY Attorney General halts sales of silver-plated WTC "coins"

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...s/attacks_coin
..
Only temporary for now, but it's a step in the right direction.
Tom DeLorey
Old October 13th 04, 09:07 PM
J. A. M.

.
Only temporary for now, but it's a step in the right direction.
Tom DeLorey

And what direction would that be? I don't know what you mean by "the right direction."

JAM
Old October 14th 04, 02:19 AM
Phil DeMayo

"J. A. M." wrote:

Tom DeLorey wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...9&e=2&u=/ap/20
041013/ap_on_re_us/attacks_coin
.
Only temporary for now, but it's a step in the right direction.
Tom DeLorey

And what direction would that be? I don't know what you mean by "the right
direction."

Buy a clue.

++++++++++
Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits
Old October 16th 04, 05:07 PM
MWelbornjr

The ads clearly stated that this was plated in silver and issued by CNMI. End
of story. Thanks to the AG of NYS someone like me who likes novelty medallic
pieces such as this can no longer buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 16th 04, 07:24 PM
Bruce Remick

"MWelbornjr" wrote in message
The ads clearly stated that this was plated in silver and issued by CNMI.

End
of story. Thanks to the AG of NYS someone like me who likes novelty

medallic
pieces such as this can no longer buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt you'll have trouble obtaining any of this type thing that is offered
in the future. And I'll bet if you call that toll-free number and request
the privilege of ordering more than their five-coin limit, you'll be able to
hear the sound of their arm twisting over the phone and a special exemption
will be bestowed upon you. But if you wait too long and miss out on the
pre-release discounts, you'll have to order them at full price, if you can
find the mystery place where NCM offers them at full price after the
discount period expires.

Nothing wrong with collecting these things, if that's what interests you.
Too bad they aren't simply advertised as what they are, minus the clever
verbiage designed to sucker in the numismatically ignorant.

Bruce

Old October 17th 04, 06:03 AM
MWelbornjr

Sorry, but the National Collectors Mint doesn't state anything clearly.
Everything they do is deliberately deceptive.

I agree. But the quality of their product is good..hence not junk... perhaps a
more educated advertising approach would have helped. And they do offer a pure
silver version of this medal.