Box mailers source

Old January 13th 04, 09:14 PM
John Warner

Default Box mailers source

I'm looking for a economical source for box mailers to send books
purchased from my inventory. Has anyone used Uline?
Old January 13th 04, 09:54 PM
Hardy-Boys.net

"John Warner" wrote
I'm looking for a economical source for box mailers to send books
purchased from my inventory. Has anyone used Uline?

The US Post Office will send you free Priority Mail boxes in a variety of
sizes.
The smaller boxes are great for mailing one or two volumes.
www.usps.gov

--
Bob Finnan
The Hardy Boys Unofficial Home Page

Old January 14th 04, 07:19 AM
Htn963

"Hardy-Boys.net" wrote in message ...
"John Warner" wrote
I'm looking for a economical source for box mailers to send books
purchased from my inventory. Has anyone used Uline?

The US Post Office will send you free Priority Mail boxes in a variety of
sizes.
The smaller boxes are great for mailing one or two volumes.
www.usps.gov

And you can use these boxes for any other mailing purposes
provided you wrap them over with butcher's block or any other plain
parcel wrap. Rather obvious but I didn't see it myself until today,
after receiving such an item through half.com.

--
Ht
Old January 14th 04, 02:04 PM
Jonathan Sachs

Wildwood wrote:

Just a warning: If the wrapping is torn in any way and any part of the
priority mail markings are visible, the recipient of a "media mail"
package can be in for a big surprise when it arrives postage due (at
the rate for priority mail by weight).

And another warning: if the Post Office decides to inspect the package
(which is likely than average, since it will look suspiciously like
what it is), you may find yourself subject to a fine or other
disciplinary action.

The Post Office provides free Priority Mail boxes for use in shipping
Priority Mail. It is against the law to use these boxes for other
purposes.

My mail address is jsachs177 at earthlink dot net.
Old January 14th 04, 02:19 PM
Hardy-Boys.net

"Jonathan Sachs" wrote
The Post Office provides free Priority Mail boxes for use in shipping
Priority Mail. It is against the law to use these boxes for other
purposes.

It's not against the law.
The PO weasels its way around this by saying "may be a violation".
Clearly if it was a violation, that would be clearly stated by the PO.

Old January 14th 04, 03:11 PM
Jonathan Sachs

"Hardy-Boys.net" wrote:

"Jonathan Sachs" wrote
The Post Office provides free Priority Mail boxes for use in shipping
Priority Mail. It is against the law to use these boxes for other
purposes.

It's not against the law.
The PO weasels its way around this by saying "may be a violation".
Clearly if it was a violation, that would be clearly stated by the PO.

"May be a violation" means, "We are not going to say anything that
might restrict our freedom of action if we catch you doing this." It
does NOT mean that the action violates no law. It's a good indication
that the action violates more than one law.

My mail address is jsachs177 at earthlink dot net.
Old January 14th 04, 04:26 PM
Tom L-M

If these are anything like the global priority envelopes they are no
protection anyway!

Cheers,

Tom L-M

"R. Totale" wrote in message
On 13 Jan 2004 23:19:56 -0800, (Htn963) wrote:

And you can use these boxes for any other mailing purposes
provided you wrap them over with butcher's block or any other plain
parcel wrap. Rather obvious but I didn't see it myself until today,
after receiving such an item through half.com.

No problem, if you don't mind revealing to your buyer that you're a
thief.

Old January 14th 04, 06:34 PM
Hardy-Boys.net

"Tom L-M" wrote
If these are anything like the global priority envelopes they are no
protection anyway!

You're mixing apples & oranges.
Priority Mail boxes are made of a fairly sturdy cardboard and provide a
reasonable degree of protection for the items contained therein.

Old January 14th 04, 08:09 PM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
Jonathan Sachs wrote:

"May be a violation" means, "We are not going to say anything that
might restrict our freedom of action if we catch you doing this." It
does NOT mean that the action violates no law. It's a good indication
that the action violates more than one law.

How do you come to that conclusion?

Scot Kamins
--
Collecting the Modern Library 1917-1970
Modern Library Collecting Website at:

your best ADDY source? Oboe Autographs 3 January 30th 05 02:24 AM
Source for breather tubes? Perry Donham Pens & Pencils 13 December 7th 04 03:03 AM
Good address source? [email protected] Autographs 0 October 17th 04 05:18 PM
Source for Odd-side Fluorescent tube for Juke Matty Juke Boxes 8 February 29th 04 03:09 PM
Source for Lambrou's book? John Leonard Pens & Pencils 1 February 10th 04 02:01 AM