FA: 1909 S/S Lincoln Cent PCGS MS-65 RD PQ

Old January 19th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default FA: 1909 S/S Lincoln Cent PCGS MS-65 RD PQ

One of my old customers just upgraded this coin with a MS-66 for tons
of $$$. Traded this one in to a dealer at the FUN show and I bought it
from the dealer. Both the dealer and I feel that the trade-in is as
nice as the PCGS MS-66. See for youself. Rest assured that the overdate
mint mark only costs about $100 more than the plain vanilla 1909-S
lincoln of the same grade although is much scarcer. This one is really
breathtaking.

See it at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-S-over-Hori...temZ8374163540

Thanks.

Ira

Old January 19th 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

e wrote:

In article . com, "Ira Stein" wrote:

One of my old customers just upgraded this coin with a MS-66 for tons
of $$$. Traded this one in to a dealer at the FUN show and I bought it

from the dealer. Both the dealer and I feel that the trade-in is as

nice as the PCGS MS-66. See for youself. Rest assured that the overdate
mint mark only costs about $100 more than the plain vanilla 1909-S
lincoln of the same grade although is much scarcer. This one is really
breathtaking.

See it at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-S-over-Hori...0QQitemZ837416
3540

Thanks.

Ira

ira, you're breakin my heart here.
that is gorgrous.

Go on, take out another mortgage on the DeSoto. You know you want it!
Old January 19th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ira Stein wrote:

One of my old customers just upgraded this coin with a MS-66 for tons
of $$$. Traded this one in to a dealer at the FUN show and I bought it
from the dealer. Both the dealer and I feel that the trade-in is as
nice as the PCGS MS-66. See for youself. Rest assured that the overdate
mint mark only costs about $100 more than the plain vanilla 1909-S
lincoln of the same grade although is much scarcer. This one is really
breathtaking.

See it at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-S-over-Hori...temZ8374163540

Thanks.

Ira:

With the quality of your wares and being that you are established as a
dealer - why do you not just create your own web site and avoid Ebay?
Just curious.

--

JMark

X11 [R6?]
Old January 19th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"JMark" wrote in message
Ira Stein wrote:

[...]

I'm willing to bet that the answer will be traffic, ebay will get a lot more
potential buyers than his own web site, making ebay well worth the fees.
Billy

Old January 19th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ira:

With the quality of your wares and being that you are established as a
dealer - why do you not just create your own web site and avoid Ebay?
Just curious.

--

JMark

Good question. I never have enough material in inventory to justify my
own website. It would always appear as if I had little or no inventory.
I buy only high end pieces and these are NOT plentiful on the bourse of
any show. Sure, I could be lots of pricely gold, but I don't do wel
with gold so I don't stock it for inventory.

Usually, when I'm back from a major show, I sell out in 3-5 weeks and
then I'm at another show to restock. eBay gives me the exposure I need
even if I have only one item in stock! In addition, I have substantial
private sales to old customers who need particular items that I take
care of regularly. So although I buy these items, they stay with me
only 3-6 days.

Ira

Old January 20th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ira Stein wrote:

[...]

I kind of figured the traffic - but was unsure of the inventory method.

Yet, given the higher quality of the coins I've seen you sell, it just
seems odd you haven't created a simple site with A) an explanation of
what you wrote above re-worded in an "about this site" format, B)
current coins, C)want list/contact form page and maybe D) some
informative writing on your specialties.

If I remember correctly, in fact, I went on a WWW search once just to
see what I might find...

Thanks for the reply.

--

JMark