Colorado state quarter designs

Old May 13th 04, 02:43 AM
D Carr

Default Colorado state quarter designs

Monday was the deadline for submissions regarding the Colorado state quarter.
Colorado, like other states currently, is only looking for narratives and not artwork (as per US Mint
instructions).
But since I'm a Colorado native and still live here, I decided to submit some actual designs. Seven of them, in
fact.
One of them even has a state outline (rectangle). I know what you're thinking: "say it aint so !".
Well, it's not quite what you think.

Here they are (scroll down past Nevada and click on the thumbnail images to see the larger images):

http://www.designscomputed.com/coins/sq_2006.html

Comments welcome.

Old May 13th 04, 03:41 AM
George V Huse Jr

I vote for the 10th Mtn Div one. My father-in-law was in that division
& fought in Italy, 85th Mtn Inf Rgt, Heavy Weapons Co. ("M" I think).
Got his first CIB there. Earned a star to the CIB in Korea, a few years
later.

--
Buzz Huse, MCSE+I, MCSE Iter Sine Fine (Journey Without End)

"These opinions/comments are entirely my own and no one else's."

Old May 13th 04, 04:30 AM
Winde Walker

Chrysta Wilson wrote:

In article k.net,
says...

Monday was the deadline for submissions regarding the Colorado state quarter.
Colorado, like other states currently, is only looking for narratives and not artwork (as per US Mint
instructions).
But since I'm a Colorado native and still live here, I decided to submit some actual designs. Seven of them, in
fact.
One of them even has a state outline (rectangle). I know what you're thinking: "say it aint so !".
Well, it's not quite what you think.

Here they are (scroll down past Nevada and click on the thumbnail images to see the larger images):

http://www.designscomputed.com/coins/sq_2006.html

Comments welcome.

I think #1 and #2 are my favorites. Uncluttered but not boring. As
always, thanks for sharing these!

I like them all actually, but my favorites have to be the ones with the
dinosaur on it. Have you ever considered making dies for a series of
dino coins?

if you would like to talk more about dino's send me an email plz

Winde
'dinoboy'

Old May 13th 04, 05:10 AM
TomDeLorey

As I have said before, the North Face of Pike's Peak is NOT distinctive as
viewed from the North, with the broad shoulders sloping down gradually on
either side. Show the East Face from the perspective of downtown Colorado
Springs, and that breathtakingly sharp falloff on the North Face makes it look
like the 14,000 foot mountain it is.
The Mesa Verde one is nice, but I fear the detail would be lost in 24 mm. size.
Nobody remembers the 10th Mountain Division (though I used to work with a WW2
veteran of it). The next one is too busy, the map won't work in small size, and
the ski cabin, though cute, could just as well be in the Alps.
Tom DeLorey
..
Subject: Colorado state quarter designs

Old May 13th 04, 05:17 AM
Chuck D'Ambra

In article k.net,
"D Carr" wrote:

Monday was the deadline for submissions regarding the Colorado state quarter.
Colorado, like other states currently, is only looking for narratives and not
artwork (as per US Mint
instructions).
But since I'm a Colorado native and still live here, I decided to submit some
actual designs. Seven of them, in
fact.
One of them even has a state outline (rectangle). I know what you're
thinking: "say it aint so !".
Well, it's not quite what you think.

Here they are (scroll down past Nevada and click on the thumbnail images to
see the larger images):

http://www.designscomputed.com/coins/sq_2006.html

Comments welcome.

Nice work, as usual. I like the mountain cabin design a lot. I'd also
be thrilled with a 10th Mountain Division theme, as my dad served in it.

--

Chuck D'Ambra
remove the upper case letters if replying by e-mail
Old May 13th 04, 05:34 AM
henry mensch

- Here they are (scroll down past Nevada and click on the thumbnail images to
- see the larger images):
-
- http://www.designscomputed.com/coins/sq_2006.html

i like the first, fourth, and fifth ... the cabin kinda made me think
of south park, tho (which i think is a good thing, but others might not
enjoy it as much) ... and the map is certainly unique!

--
# henry mensch / san francisco, california
#
Old May 13th 04, 05:55 AM
PCameron

"D Carr" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Monday was the deadline for submissions regarding the Colorado state

quarter.
Colorado, like other states currently, is only looking for narratives and

not artwork (as per US Mint
instructions).
But since I'm a Colorado native and still live here, I decided to submit

some actual designs. Seven of them, in
fact.
One of them even has a state outline (rectangle). I know what you're

thinking: "say it aint so !".
Well, it's not quite what you think.

Here they are (scroll down past Nevada and click on the thumbnail images

to see the larger images):

http://www.designscomputed.com/coins/sq_2006.html

Comments welcome.

My favorite is America the Beautiful. I love it! I think it is perfect.

Forget the skier. Skiing is fun and Colorado is the best for it but too
many a-holes in the sport ruin the image for me. A snowboarder would be
much cooler :-)

(All in my twisted, illogical opinion)