Advice sought by a rank beginner

Old May 23rd 06, 08:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Advice sought by a rank beginner

Pangarune Corner wrote:
Dear Francis,

Very true..

The one with the problem is you [Fundoc and Bob].

Dear Newsgroup Minitaur: While it is clear that
Bob is a paltry chap, at least he does often post
on matters relating to book collecting. Fundoc,
however, is here simply to pester others. At
no time has this vile reprobate exhibited
any special knowledge about books, or even
posted remarks demonstrating a sincere
interest in books. You and others are wasting
words on this pseudo-intellectual blowfly,
especially when it is very clear that Fundoc is
pushing your buttons. He's a low felolow,
whose profane and scurrilous postings have
been polluting Usenet for a long time.

[Memo from the upstairs office.]

[From the upstairs office.]

That is clear from your
overwhelming obsession. In other posts you admit to being threatened by
her status. I suggest your obsession/fear of castration has deeper roots
than we can deal with in this newsgroup. Please take those concerns to a
qualified psychiatrist and reserve your comments here for matters relating
to books.

The topic on this list is book collecting, not gender issues or the sexual
problems of some members. As with children at play, those who throw stones
the most or hardest often have the deepist issues to resolve.

Perhaps the best way to learn books is to talk books - with other
collectors, dealers, and the sorts that hang around used bookstores. If
browsing in a used bookstore, invite others for coffee and learn. Not all
is to be believed - I know of one local type sho if believed would have
every modern first every published in a barn, in cardboard boxes.
Bookstores are remarkably easy places to "hang out".

Willow

Old May 23rd 06, 12:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Pangarune Corner wrote:

From their behaviour, I would not wish the likes of some members here in any
neighbourhood, especially mine.

"Diane" who lofted in the other post, is [snip]

It doesn't matter. Can we just ignore those who are pushing buttons and
get back to books?

John
http://rarebooksinjapan.com
Old May 23rd 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"Pangarune Corner" wrote in message

The topic on this list is book collecting, not gender issues or the
sexual problems of some members. As with children at play, those who
throw stones the most or hardest often have the deepist issues to resolve.

Um, no. It's pretty obvious that those who cut off their own penises have
the deepest issues to resolve. Second would be those who cut off the penises
of others. Those who find the practice of cutting off penises peculiar are a
distant, distant third.

Old May 23rd 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

adumbs brayed:
Even if that were true, it in no way affects a person's right to

contribute posts on book related topics to this NewsGroup without
fear of being intimidated and harassed by stalkers.

Look who is talking!
The head stalker and harrasser!

Old May 23rd 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Francis A. Miniter sez:
and reserve your comments here for matters relating to books..

I'm always amused by those who chastise others for OT posts and then go
ahead and do it in an OT post.
Hypocrite!

Old May 23rd 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Pangarune Corner sez:
Bookstores are remarkably easy places to "hang out".

Odd choice of words for you!

Old May 23rd 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Parker Tate sez:
I don't care whether Willow posts here, as long as it stays the hell away from my neighborhood.

Amen!
Going thru sexual "reassignment" surgery no more makes a woman out of a
man than does putting on a wig cure baldness.
People who want that type of surgery have serious psychological
problems.
The need a psychiatrist, not a surgeon.
Would those of you with young children allow Willow babysit for them?
If you are being honest with yourself, you know the answer is no.

Old May 23rd 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

wrote in message
oups.com...

a low felolow

Yodelayhehoooooooooo

Old May 23rd 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Amen.

Willow

"John R. Yamamoto-Wilson" wrote in message
Pangarune Corner wrote:

From their behaviour, I would not wish the likes of some members here in
any neighbourhood, especially mine.

Old May 23rd 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"John R. Yamamoto-Wilson" wrote in message
Pangarune Corner wrote:

From their behaviour, I would not wish the likes of some members here in
any neighbourhood, especially mine.

"Diane" who lofted in the other post, is [snip]

It doesn't matter. Can we just ignore those who are pushing buttons and
get back to books?

John
http://rarebooksinjapan.com

Pangarune's comment is one reason I've killfiled the whole lot of them.
It takes two to fight, and it's obvious *both* sides want to.

Kris