Advice sought by a rank beginner

Old May 21st 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Advice sought by a rank beginner

Hello,
Certainly not a brag, but I have about 500 books adorning my walls, and some
are quite old. Would someone suggest a "beginners" book on book collecting
or a good website to me please? I do fancy Jack Higgins, Robert Ludlum, and
if pressed for the whole truth, Ian Flemming. Ken Follet and Clive Cussler
are of interest as well. Thanks for any advice or help.
Dave

Old May 22nd 06, 12:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Pangarune Corner sez
...I don't mind a bit of bruising.

You also don't mind having your willy lopped off, so I'd say your
advice is a bit suspect.

Old May 22nd 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

on 22 May 2006 04:33:03 -0700, BobFinnan.com stated:

Pangarune Corner sez
...I don't mind a bit of bruising.

You also don't mind having your willy lopped off, so I'd say your
advice is a bit suspect.

Oh for f*ck's sake. _Must_ you bring totally irrelevant
inflammatory crap into a perfectly on-topic thread about
book collecting? I enjoy Willow's posts; your inability
to cope with her gender is decidedly not to the point.

As far as book collecting goes, my advice to the original
poster is to start looking up a few of his books in
used.addall.com (as has often been recommended here) and
compare those on the lower price end with the same titles
as they appear, and sell, on eBay. Over the past few
years I've gotten a very good idea of what the books I
collect are worth this way, and I've also found quite a
number of books I wanted, but didn't know about. I've
also gotten quite a few bargains on eBay, despite having
to pay for shipping. (Try finding a particular medical
text from 1847 in your local used book store.... just
doesn't happen much.)

I collect old (100 years) medical books, plus ~200 year
old books published locally, and a few other things. But
the method should work for just about any collection, I
think (comments?)

-Allison

--
..
Old May 22nd 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Allison Turner sez:
Oh for f*ck's sake. _Must_ you bring totally irrelevant inflammatory crap into a perfectly on-topic thread about book collecting?

Yes, I must.
Where are your complaints about Willow's continuous off-topic posts
about his sexual mutilation?

I enjoy Willow's posts;

You are easily amused, aren't you!

your inability to cope with her gender is decidedly not to the point.

Cutting off one's willy, getting silicone titties and being pumped full
of estrogen does not a she make.
Willow's just a sad man with severe mental problems.

Old May 22nd 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"BobFinnan.com" wrote in message
ups.com...
Allison Turner sez:
Oh for f*ck's sake. _Must_ you bring totally irrelevant inflammatory

crap into a perfectly on-topic thread about book collecting?

Yes, I must.
Where are your complaints about Willow's continuous off-topic posts
about his sexual mutilation?

AFAIAA Willow never posted on that topic. But was instead
followed onto this NewsGroup by stalkers, who did.

I enjoy Willow's posts;

You are easily amused, aren't you!

your inability to cope with her gender is decidedly not to the point.

Cutting off one's willy, getting silicone titties and being pumped full
of estrogen does not a she make.
Willow's just a sad man with severe mental problems.

Even if that were true, it in no way affects a person's right to
contribute posts on book related topics to this NewsGroup without
fear of being intimidated and harassed by stalkers. Or their
lickspittle apologists like yourself.

The fact that both yourself and Fundoc have little else to contribute
to this NewsGroup except feed off the efforts of stalkers, says rather
more about the two of you gutless low-life slugs, than it does about the
person you're so unsuccesfully seeking to denigrate.

As if anyone needed reminding, of course.

michael adams

Old May 22nd 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"michael adams" wrote in message

Fundoc

How long can you go without shrieking out my name? I'm guessing not too
long. Must be embarassing while you're having sex. Or at least it would be,
if there were anyone else there.

Old May 22nd 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"fvndoc" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

Fundoc

How long can you go without shrieking out my name? I'm guessing not too
long. Must be embarassing while you're having sex. Or at least it would

be,
if there were anyone else there.

I just call out your name
And I know wherever you are
You'll come running
Within ten minutes
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All I have to do is call
And you'll be there
Just like the sap you are.

© Carole King

Old May 22nd 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"fvndoc" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

Fundoc

How long can you go without shrieking out my name? I'm guessing not too
long. Must be embarassing while you're having sex. Or at least it would

be,
if there were anyone else there.

I just call out your name
And I know wherever you are
You'll come running

So to recap: by writing posts about me in usenet, you can get me to repond
to your posts about me in usenet. Kind of like Svengali, only with a
muttonhead.

Within ten minutes
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All I have to do is call
And you'll be there
Just like the sap you are.

"Oh, ye're Henglish, har yer? Why don't yer sing as yer ought to sing -
yer've got voice enough, any'ow! Why don't yer sing in tune?"

"I didn't want to sing at all - I only sang because I was asked to sing -
that gentleman asked - that French gentleman with the white waistcoat! I
won't sing another note!"

Old May 22nd 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

BobFinnan.com wrote:

Pangarune Corner sez

...I don't mind a bit of bruising.

You also don't mind having your willy lopped off, so I'd say your
advice is a bit suspect.

Your irrational obsession with this speaks more to your own sexual
insecurity than anything else. Show some basic respect for another
human being.

Francis A. Miniter
Old May 22nd 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

BobFinnan.com wrote:

Allison Turner sez:

Oh for f*ck's sake. _Must_ you bring totally irrelevant inflammatory crap into a perfectly on-topic thread about book collecting?

Yes, I must.
Where are your complaints about Willow's continuous off-topic posts
about his sexual mutilation?

I enjoy Willow's posts;

You are easily amused, aren't you!

your inability to cope with her gender is decidedly not to the point.

Cutting off one's willy, getting silicone titties and being pumped full
of estrogen does not a she make.
Willow's just a sad man with severe mental problems.

The one with the problem is you. That is clear from your overwhelming
obsession. In other posts you admit to being threatened by her status.
I suggest your obsession/fear of castration has deeper roots than we can
deal with in this newsgroup. Please take those concerns to a qualified
psychiatrist and reserve your comments here for matters relating to books.

Francis A. Miniter