The Amazing World of Books

Old September 11th 03, 02:08 PM
Bob F.

"michael adams" wrote

I'm sorry?
Where are the smileys?
Is this supposed to be some sort of a joke ?
michael adams

Anyone missing a stick?
Adams has one stuck up his ass!
What a humorless drudge!

--
Bob Finnan
The Hardy Boys Unofficial Home Page

Old September 11th 03, 03:01 PM
Htn963

"diane.walker" wrote in message ...
Sometimes the book world completely amazes me. I'm selling a rare book at
the moment from 1628, it has no bids on ebay, and there appears to be very
little interest, will probably end up in the loft with the rest of the junk.

Can I have your junk?

At the same time I'm selling a number of carp fishing books that are about
10 years old and the interest is incredible, they have only been on a day
and the prices just keep rising.

Or else it is carp fishing season in the British Isles.

--
Ht
Old September 11th 03, 03:13 PM
Htn963

"Jon Fredrik Stuestol" wrote in message ...
"John Yamamoto-Wilson" wrote in message
Bob Finnan wrtoe:

Perhaps you will grace us with recipes for rat and other vermin too.

It all comes down to habitat and diet. You have to make a distinction
between the feral pigeon, also known as the rock dove
(http://tinyurl.com/mvl7), and the woodpigeon (http://tinyurl.com/mvlf)

and
stock dove (http://tinyurl.com/mvln). The latter two, while considered a
poor cousin, can be eaten like other game birds (partridge, grouse,
pheasant, etc.). The former, superficially similar to the other two, is
considered vermin.

*Lots of useful information snipped*

Here in Norway, pigeons, or doves are hunted and eaten. They taste very
good, even if there is generally not so much meat in each. My little brother
actually goes hunting for doves with his new shotgun. And he eats them too.

Sure, clean pigeons compares well to other game birds and I've
tasted quite a few. Various species of Pigeons are raised for eggs
and occasional meat consumption in South East Asia and are considered
delicacies like quails in Western countries. There used to be a
well-known cafe in old Saigon which serves just one dish: Mi Bo Cau,
or Noodles with Pigeons. It is a variant on the Chinese egg noodle
with broth dish with pieces roast duck or soy chicken.

As for rats, the only rats I know of is lab rats. I guess theyre edible, but
they are so small. not much of a meal.

I haven't eaten rats yet, but have heard from friends who lived
in the country that field mice aren't bad...they taste like (yes, of
course!) chicken.

--
Ht
Old September 11th 03, 03:54 PM
Alfred Armstrong

on 11 Sep 2003 in rec.collecting.books, michael adams chanted thus:

Everybody except you I imagine, would have recognised
the irony in those remarks.

Irony?

Do you know what numbskull? Its only when you actally come on
Usenet that you come to realise just how many incredibley
stupid people there are, walking about in the world.

Ah yes, irony.

--
Alfred Armstrong
Now! With added Dot.Communism: http://www.oddbooks.com/
Old September 11th 03, 04:40 PM
Giltedge04

"diane.walker" wrote in message
At the same time I'm selling a number of carp fishing books that are about
10 years old and the interest is incredible, they have only been on a day
and the prices just keep rising.

Or else it is carp fishing season in the British Isles.

Many Carp Fishing Books,especially the modern limited print runs, are highly
sought after in the UK but I prefer to keep such things quiet as it cuts down
on the competition!!

Stan

--
Ht

Old September 11th 03, 05:40 PM
Alfred Armstrong

on 11 Sep 2003 in rec.collecting.books, michael adams chanted thus:

Anyway, thank you for your decision to participate in this thread
Mr Armstong, and I await your answers to my questions with interest.

Where would my answering your tedious questions get us? Would the world be
a happier, better-informed place?

Unless of course, as seems rather more likely, you'd simply prefer
to run away.

What do you do when you meet pompous bores?

Old September 11th 03, 06:32 PM
Daveblues

Where would my answering your tedious questions get us? Would the world be
a happier, better-informed place?

Ah! An intelligent person who knows how to deal with trolls.
Old September 11th 03, 07:28 PM
Alfred Armstrong

"Alfred Armstrong" wrote in message
on 11 Sep 2003 in rec.collecting.books, michael adams chanted thus:

Anyway, thank you for your decision to participate in this thread
Mr Armstong, and I await your answers to my questions with interest.

Where would my answering your tedious questions get us? Would the
world be a happier, better-informed place?

It would prove to the world that you're not simply some pompous
smart-arse who can't even when challenged, actually defend his -
supposedly clever interjections at my expense.

It would prove to the world that you're big enough to admit it,
when you know that you've made a mistake.

Or maybe you would simply find that too damaging?

Otherwise who's really to know Mr Armstrong?

Are you simply just a stupid smart-arse whose been caught out?

Or in addition are you a snivelling coward who simply too scared
to admit it ?

Whatever you say, sweety. I'm just in wuv with your cute ickle face.

Old September 11th 03, 09:49 PM
Bookman

"michael adams" wrote

Pathetic.

Perhaps the most brilliant bit of self-analysis yet.
Old September 11th 03, 09:51 PM
Alfred Armstrong

"michael adams" wrote in news:bjqfpl$mdj6e$1
@ID-206475.news.uni-berlin.de:

"Alfred Armstrong" wrote in message

Whatever you say, sweety. I'm just in wuv with your cute ickle face.

Pathetic.

Now I've got you, you moron. Did you not see my clever irony? Why, you
blathering nincompoop, you echo of a weasel's spoor, you methanol-
breathed bin-raider, you toad, you empty vessel, you vile thing found
decaying on a beach, you definition of nothing, you chattering upright
corpse, you pimple, you ****-caked arse, you limpet, you answer to the
question: What would be worse? you half-a-potato, you painted jackass,
you coagulate of flyspit, you licker of bicycle seats, you poodle****er,
you damp patch on a toilet wall, you armpit, you revolving door, you wag-
a-tail, you mushroom, you mental minority, you jonas, you evacuation, you
one-too-many, you loose personage, you plate-scraper, you codfish, you
rotter, you pasty-faced pretender to the throne of Nitwittia, you lug.

Nighty-night!