1964-D Franklin Silver Half Dollar Fantasy Now Available

Old September 22nd 11, 10:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dafcik

Default 1964-D Franklin Silver Half Dollar Fantasy Now Available

Mine arrived Tuesday, have briefly looked at it, but looks to be a 'high
grade' piece, and without doubt, the bell lines are fuller than full. I look
forward to really looking at it, seeing if there are any signs of the host
coin, and may consider sending it off to ANACS.

Another job well done by Mr. Carr!

Old September 22nd 11, 03:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
oly wrote:

Much of his argument for legitimacy is close to the line of thought
that the elongated coin people utilize; and if you strike a fantasy
coin over a real legitimate coin of the realm, what is the actual loss
to the state or sovereign???

A Star Trek quatloo or a Harry Potter galleon would be a "fantasy".
A coin that says "United States" and "Half Dollar", and bears the same
images as a coin issued by the United States, is not.

Old September 22nd 11, 07:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:53:47 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Dennis
wrote:

On Sep 20, 5:30*pm, "Daniel Carr" wrote:
Brand New issue!

http://www.dc-coin.com/images/produc..._1964d_1.2.jpg

http://www.dc-coin.com/1grabenercoin...ice-1-3-1.aspx

Replying to Dan's post, but directed to everyone. Dan is very well
respected. He's submitted a number of designs for the Statehood
Quarter program; NY and RI (I believe) having been approved and
circulating now.

I'm sure Dan has checked with the Mint to see if his fantasy coin was
legal. If not, I'm quite sure he wouldn't have produced it.

Jerry

He also designed the Maine quarter.

As far as respect goes....I lost most of the respect I had for him
when he got involved with that World Trade Center "tribute" coin.
Old September 22nd 11, 09:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Richard L. Hall[_4_]

"Jerry Dennis" wrote in message
On Sep 20, 5:30 pm, "Daniel Carr" wrote:
Brand New issue!

http://www.dc-coin.com/images/produc..._1964d_1.2.jpg

http://www.dc-coin.com/1grabenercoin...ice-1-3-1.aspx

Replying to Dan's post, but directed to everyone. Dan is very well
respected. He's submitted a number of designs for the Statehood
Quarter program; NY and RI (I believe) having been approved and
circulating now.

I'm sure Dan has checked with the Mint to see if his fantasy coin was
legal. If not, I'm quite sure he wouldn't have produced it.

###

It seems to me that it is a clear violation of the Hobby Protecction Act

http://uscode.house.gov/download/pls/15C48.txt

" (b) Coins and other numismatic items
The manufacture in the United States, or the importation into the
United States, for introduction into or distribution in commerce of
any imitation numismatic item which is not plainly and permanently
marked "copy", is unlawful and is an unfair or deceptive act or
practice in commerce under the Federal Trade Commission Act [15
U.S.C. 41 et seq.]."

The Federal Trade Commiossopon seems to in charge of that.

--
Richard
The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of

Old September 25th 11, 07:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Gary[_4_]

On Sep 22, 4:33*am, "Dafcik" wrote:
Mine arrived Tuesday, *have briefly looked at it, but *looks to be a 'high
grade' piece, and without doubt, the bell lines are fuller than full. I look
forward to really looking at it, seeing if there are any signs of the host
coin, and may consider sending it off to ANACS.

Another job well done by Mr. Carr!

WIll PCGS grade these?

Please help 1963 MS60 Franklin Half Dollar [email protected] Coins 2 March 27th 06 07:19 PM
The Franklin half dollar stonej Coins 0 September 29th 05 12:27 AM
Golfer uses Franklin half dollar in her game John Stone Coins 0 November 22nd 04 12:56 AM
Franklin Half Dollar Survey Time Michael Ng Coins 4 November 9th 04 01:44 AM