Topps American Treasures

Old December 11th 03, 03:55 AM
BlackJet76

Huh? If the Jefferson sold for just under $28,000, how would any of
the others sell for a million? Think, man, think. BRBR

Jefferson is great but this country is in love with Lincoln and Kennedy way
more than they are with Jefferson. Think about that.
Old December 11th 03, 04:02 AM
Only4Ebay

Received this pleasant E-mail from BlackJet76:

Consider the source.
Who your whore of a mother?

Once again, I just say consider the source.
Old December 11th 03, 05:44 AM
Daffy Duck

What are the odds per pack? Price per pack? Where can you purchase packs?

Old December 12th 03, 04:59 AM
Rodrick MacKinnon

"Only4Ebay" wrote in message
Received this pleasant E-mail from BlackJet76:

Consider the source.
Who your whore of a mother?

Once again, I just say consider the source.

My my my, such a potty mouth!

Anyways, regarding these inserts, I think it's just another genious gimmick
by a major brand. It won't take long before someone else does a similiar
type of set. Maybe another Topps American Pie issue or soemthing. I mean,
it's not like any of these signatures are from the Declaration of
Independence or something. Topps has admitted that they got the sigs from
anywhere they could, and given the sheer volume of stuff a president signs,
they could probably have done lots of sets. Heck, the sigs could have come
from a memo to his secretary reminding her to pick up his dry cleaning, or
even a cheque the guy wrote to pay his phone before he was even president!
Maybe I'm being cynical, but what does this set have to do with baseball?

On a separate but related note, where does the seller get off charging $20
to mail one card! He's selling insurance as well, so what's the $20 paying
for? Maybe he's mailing it in a screw-down holder instead of jammed in a
semi-rigid sleeve like a lot of sellers do.

Old December 13th 03, 07:30 PM
LARGE EYES

"Only4Ebay" wrote in message
Huh? If the Jefferson sold for just under $28,000, how would any of
the others sell for a million? Think, man, think.

Consider the source.

Where can you purchase packs of 2004 topps? Gezus......
Old December 14th 03, 06:03 AM
Anthony Myers

Where can you purchase packs of 2004 topps?

Ames, Iowa at the k-mart. It's the only place in the US that carries them. But
you have to get there early in the morning because people grab them up in a
hurry since they're so rare. Only 4 boxes were made.

Topps is trying a different marketing stratgey this year
You know how on Christmas carolers come and demand some figgy pudding and say
"they won't go until they get some"? Well, they're bluffing. After three days
they give up an go home.

Old December 14th 03, 08:15 AM
Daffy Duck

Where can you purchase packs of 2004 topps? Gezus......

ok great...**** you very much for the help.

"LARGE EYES" wrote in message
In article , "Daffy Duck"

Old December 15th 03, 12:17 AM
MikeCouil

Yeah, he tried that email and IM crap with me about a year and a half ago until
i threatened to give his mommy a phone call.

Blackjet, seriously man, go back to the gay teen newsgroup and try picking up
on some other 15 year old boys....AGAIN. For anyone who doesn't know about
this, it's not a joke. Blackjet was seriously caught picking up on boys in the
gay teen newsgroup

Mike

Old December 15th 03, 12:19 AM
MikeCouil

Baseball is "America's Pastime" and presidents have generally been pretty big
on promoting the sport moreso than other sports. I know I'm reaching here but
I can make the connection in MY mind

Maybe I'm being cynical, but what does this set have to do with baseball?

Old December 17th 03, 08:42 AM
BlackJet76

Blackjet, seriously man, go back to the gay teen newsgroup and try picking
up
on some other 15 year old boys....AGAIN. For anyone who doesn't know about
this, it's not a joke. Blackjet was seriously caught picking up on boys in the
gay teen newsgroup BRBR

Mike that's not true. And even if it was the fact that it bothers you reflects
worse on you than it does me. Are you homophobic?