Comical, Strange-looking Cards?

Old July 7th 03, 03:02 AM
NYJeterFan

Default Comical, Strange-looking Cards?

I recently started a collection of funny and/or strange baseball cards. I
put together a basic webpage of these cards I've come across so far...

http://retorba.tripod.com/funnycards.html

LMK if you guys/gals find any other similar cards.
Thanks,
Bob

Old July 7th 03, 08:19 PM

The 1969 Topps of Aurelio Rodriguez is a funny card. When it came time
to take his photograph, he had a bat boy stand in for his picture.
Seeing as how Rodriguez was a backup infielder nobody knew about,
nobody caught the mistake & all the cards were printed with the bat
boy picture. Maybe someone has one up on eBay so you can get a scan.
Mine is burried in a box somewhere.

Old July 10th 03, 06:58 AM
Anthony Myers 22

pretty cool idea for a webpage
Old July 10th 03, 02:21 PM
purple haze

NYJeterFan wrote:

I recently started a collection of funny and/or strange baseball cards. I
put together a basic webpage of these cards I've come across so far...

http://retorba.tripod.com/funnycards.html

LMK if you guys/gals find any other similar cards.

the grandaddy of them all:

http://www.vintagecardtraders.org/vi...2topps-031.jpg
Old July 10th 03, 04:22 PM
vanLingleMungo

1981 Topps John Pacella. He was the most annoying player I ever saw. He
had that 70s-80s shaggy perm hair, and a violent pitching motion, so with
every throw his hat would be on the ground. I guess no one clued him in on
hairpins, or something. The 81T shows his follow-through, and, sure enough,
his hat's on the ground.

om...