Holiday Swap 2006 Update #1

Old November 9th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

Default Holiday Swap 2006 Update #1

Howdy, friends!

I appreciate all those who have signed up to become a part of the fun. I
have also sent the swap form to several who have not returned their info to
me. Remember -- you are not officially entered into the swap until I have
that information. If you'd like to participate, there are two requirements:

1. Post a response in this thread so that I (and others) can see your
interest. Your enthusiasm may be contagious, and may serve to prompt others
to get in on the festivities! (This will also let me see your interest in
case your e-mail fails to reach me for some odd reason.)

2. Send an e-mail to me at:

holidayswap2006 at gmail.com

(Replace the word "at" with the "@" symbol in that string.)

I'll promptly reply to your email with the "swap form" that you will then
need to fill out and send back to me, making you an official entrant. The
enrollment period will conclude at midnight (CST) on Wednesday, November 15.

When enrollment started last Saturday, I wrote down three random numbers
between 1 and 50. Entrants were then urged to pick a number in that range to
include with their entry info, with a small prize to be awarded to the first
person to guess one of the three numbers. Those three numbers have now all
been guessed, (the numbers were 3, 13, and 37) and a small prize has been
mailed to those three winners. Thanks to all who participated.

Amistad
'swapping rocks!'

Old November 9th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Honus

"Amistad" wrote in message
news
'swapping rocks!'

Swapping rocks? Since this is a holiday swap, does that mean that some of
our netizens are going to get lumps of coal instead of coins? (I might be in
favor of that, actually. And not counterfeit coal, either.) I was thinking
of signing up, but I was really hoping to swap coins instead. I do collect
rocks, but coins are so much cheaper to send through the mail.

Old November 10th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Count me in also

holidayswap2006 at gmail.com

[...]

!skcor gnippaws'

Wouldn't miss it Mr. Friend!
I'll be e-mailing you momentarily.
;-)

Old November 13th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

"Honus" dropped by with a cogent observation:
Swapping rocks? Since this is a holiday swap, does that mean that some of
our netizens are going to get lumps of coal instead of coins?

Ha! Well, if one takes "rocks" to be a *noun* in my tagline, one could
indeed envision lumps of coal (considering the season) to be gifts of an
appropriate nature, couldn't one? But if one sees *rocks* as a verb, then
that propels one off into a different direction.

I was thinking
of signing up, but I was really hoping to swap coins instead.

You still have time to get in on the fun, Honus. Coins are a welcomed
substitute, if one prefers.

Amistad
'swapping rocks!'

Old November 13th 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Honus

"Amistad" wrote in message
"Honus" dropped by with a cogent observation:
Swapping rocks? Since this is a holiday swap, does that mean that some

of
our netizens are going to get lumps of coal instead of coins?

Ha! Well, if one takes "rocks" to be a *noun* in my tagline, one could
indeed envision lumps of coal (considering the season) to be gifts of an
appropriate nature, couldn't one? But if one sees *rocks* as a verb, then
that propels one off into a different direction.

Phooey. I prefer to think that some of the trolls around here are going to
get coal.

I was thinking
of signing up, but I was really hoping to swap coins instead.

You still have time to get in on the fun, Honus. Coins are a welcomed
substitute, if one prefers.

Oh, I'm sorely tempted!

** 2006 Bowman ** Eva Schmitz Baseball 0 June 10th 06 02:54 PM
189 update 12/19 5 hrs left VernsCards Baseball 0 December 19th 03 10:52 PM