Obama - The Jihadist Candidate

Old October 17th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Default Obama - The Jihadist Candidate

"Chas Edwards" wrote in message

I have merely commented that both sides have irresponsible ads and
that those who favor Obama in these postings already had their minds
made up;

Only in your mind. Your bias is pretty obvious to everyone else.

acting as though one irrelevant post made up their minds does
not pass the laugh test, however.

One? No sir. There have been numerous in this and the Packers NG over the
last two weeks. Not one has spread lies about McCain. All have spread lies
about Obama.

Your claims are laughably transparent.

Old October 17th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"mazorj" wrote in message

Just as you have no grounds to accuse me of bias in this thread.

Bingo!

Old October 17th 08, 09:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Chas Edwards

On Oct 17, 2:19 pm, "PC"
Your claims are laughably transparent.

**********

As is your bias. I have seen numerous examples of both sides flaying
the other. You, on the other, only see one side.

Chas. Edw.

Old October 17th 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , "PC" wrote:

"Chas Edwards" wrote in message

I have merely commented that both sides have irresponsible ads and
that those who favor Obama in these postings already had their minds
made up;

Only in your mind. Your bias is pretty obvious to everyone else.

acting as though one irrelevant post made up their minds does
not pass the laugh test, however.

One? No sir. There have been numerous in this and the Packers NG over the
last two weeks. Not one has spread lies about McCain. All have spread lies
about Obama.

Your claims are laughably transparent.

i can see my house from here!
Old October 18th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

wrote in message
m...

Your claims are laughably transparent.

i can see my house from here!

I believe that you are referring to a misquote attributed to Sarah Palin,
not John McCain, and it had more to do with being able to see Russia from
her kitchen. I believe it was only Tina Fey that actually delivered that
quote.

In any event my claim was that all the Usenet posts I have read in the NGs I
frequent have been smears on Obama, not McCain. I have to amend that
statement. I do now recall a well-known conspiracy theory aficionado who
posted some nonsense about McCain accidentally killing a fellow pilot by
doing a "hot start" or something similar. The post was very quickly and
efficiently debunked as nonsense.

These numerous anti-Obama posts are nonsense as well but tend to appeal to a
base common denominator type of ugliness that coincidentally (or not) has
been the same type of ugliness displayed at recent McCain rallies. To
ignore the correlation between the recent tone at his rallies and the sudden
frequency of these Obama smears is to willfully ignore a very large elephant
in the room. IMO.

Old October 18th 08, 01:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

? "Chas Edwards" ?????? ??? ??????
On Oct 17, 11:00 am, "gogu"
As I said, childish insults and lies will not make your arguments more
credible!
Because:
1) I am *not* a US citizen, so personally I don't care who will win the
elections!
2) I come from a quite wealthy family and -believe it or not- in my
country
I -usually- vote with conservatives which is the closest you can get to
your
Republicans! Of course I have voted for other parties, too, when
conservatives let me down. I consider I am not "owned" by any political
party so I can vote one time with party X and another time with party Y.
Not
like some other folks "with a low political IQ" (citing...almost) who are
voting everytime for the same party, good or bad!
Don't you think it would be appropriate to ask sorry for your childish
insults and for being fast to judge people you don't know?...
Thank you!

I have merely commented that both sides have irresponsible ads and
that those who favor Obama in these postings already had their minds
made up;

This is not true, you referred *personally* to me and PC and in an offensive
mode!
Please read:

-"PC and Gogu already had their
minds made up and went through a charade of being influenced by a
single post"!-

As I have proved, at least I had no need to make any "charade" because
simply the whole matter does not touch me!
I simply made a statement which is my right (I suppose it is still anyone's
right in the US, right?)....
You can agree or disagree with such a statement, what you have no right
(theoretically/ethically) to do is to attribute intention to my posting,
given you now nothing about me!

acting as though one irrelevant post made up their minds does
not pass the laugh test, however.

You may laugh as much as you want but you'd be surprised to know that many
people are changing/making their mind (and thus influence the voting result)
based on such minor things or impressions!
Ah, I forgot, they have a low political IQ;-)

Old October 18th 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Ο "Honus" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
gogu wrote:
Ο "Honus" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
. ..
gogu wrote:
? "PC" ?????? ??? ??????
. ..

"Andy Remingron" wrote in message
Last week, Barack Obama's campaign

I was going to vote for McCain but apparently McCain and his
supporters are for spamming irrelevant posts to Usenet NGs. I have
now decided to change my vote for Obama. Thanks for helping me
decide.

If I was voting in the US, that exactly would be my reaction!
Amazing how stupid some people are!

Especially you,

Name calling is not going to make your point stronger!

And? The only difference between what you said and what I said was that I
was more specific. Take your own advice.

if an anonymous piece of unwanted spam has that kind of influence on
you. What are you people going to do when a similar piece of posted
crap slamming McCain finds its way in here? Switch your vote?

You are right but you must admit that this is the first reaction of
every decent man in such kind of postings!

No, I don't admit it. Neither do I concede it.

Gutter language is not helping.

You must be objecting to the use of the word "crap". How's this...I'm not
trying to "help" you or anyone. So again, your point isn't much of one.

Thus spake a "decent" person;-)
Fare well!
Plonk!

Old October 18th 08, 01:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Chas Edwards

PC Oct 17, 7:14 pm

These numerous anti-Obama posts are nonsense as well but tend to
appeal to a
base common denominator type of ugliness that coincidentally (or not)
has
been the same type of ugliness displayed at recent McCain rallies.
ignore the correlation between the recent tone at his rallies and the
sudden
frequency of these Obama smears is to willfully ignore a very large
elephant
in the room. IMO.

*********

You must read different newsgroups than I do. Or don't read, more
likely. The only recent postings on Collector Universe, for example,
attacked McCain and his supporters and the thread was quickly taken
down by the moderator. Interestingly enough there have been no anti-
Obama postings but, if there are, I hope they are taken down just as
quickly.

As to the rallies I find that both have contingents equally nasty. The
recent very crude attacks on Palin at a major Obama rally, which Obama
refused to condemn, show this very nicely.

I thank you for the correlation. The anti-McCain remarks I have seen
posted on the internet are then, according to your reasoning, clearly
tied to the Obama rallies and by his direct orders. I would never have
guessed this until your post and in point of fact do not believe it.

Chas. Edw.

Old October 18th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Ο "Honus" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
gogu wrote:
? "Chas Edwards" ?????? ??? ??????
Honus Oct 16, 6:12 pm

Especially you, if an anonymous piece of unwanted spam has that kind
of
influence on you. What are you people going to do when a similar
piece of
posted crap slamming McCain finds its way in here? Switch your vote?

***********

The best posting to date in this thread. PC and Gogu already had
their minds made up and went through a charade of being influenced
by a single post. Says perhaps all that is necessary about their
political IQ.

Chas. Edw.

As I said, childish insults and lies will not make your arguments more
credible!
Because:
1) I am *not* a US citizen, so personally I don't care who will win
the elections!

How very provincial. You might want to reconsider. And I shouldn't have to
explain to you why.

It looks that the only provincial here it's you.
Democrat or Republican the new tenant of the White House, the US foreign
policy changes a little, so I don't care who will be the next US president.
If you are referring to the fact that US president's actions influence the
international economy (and not only) this is true but I repeat that I
couldn't care less if good or bad times are to come, I am the same secure in
both cases.
-I don't care if I pay fuel 1,20 euros per liter or 2,20 or even 3,30.
-I don't care about the price falling of the houses, as I don't intend to
sell what I own; I am renting them and have a stable income. And in the US I
own just/only one apartment in Ridgefield Park N.J and again, I don't intend
to sell it.
-I don't care if the stock market is going down, because I have mainly bank
stocks and because I don't need to sell them. Sooner or later they will
return to their previous value(s).
-I don't care if the purchasing capability of the average Joe is diminishing
because I am not in the retail business, what my business "sells" is always
in demand even if with small fluctuations.
For all the above reasons, I don't care if the next US president will be a
Democrat or a Republican.
You may say I am selfish but I am only frank.
As for the rest, I repeat, feel well soon in my killfile.