introducing myself

Old February 28th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

Default introducing myself

hello all,
This is my first post to this newsgroup. I started to collect stamps in
1975. In those times I obtained an album my father owned when he was a
child, which also contained some stamps from his uncle. Anyways, the album
only had the resrs of the collection, because a relative of his previously
had removed the best from it. That's the story of my begginings in Philately

I'd like to know of any webpage where I can upload images of stamps. I've
seen cjoint, but I do not speak french. Is there any similar service in
english?

I hope to enjoy many happy moments with you,

Pedro

Old February 28th 09, 04:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

G'day Pedro,
welcome to the group.

We mainly use Cjoint.
here are the instructions courtesy of Pierre / Blair

----------------------------------

A simple search on this group would have given you
Pierre's posting of Nov 2005. (with teanslations into English.

Blair

From: Pierre Courtiade - view profile
Date: Mon, Nov 7 2005 4:56 am
Email: "Pierre Courtiade"
Groups: rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

[CJoint has a now new limit of 500 Ko per image
(previously, it was 250 Ko).

I thus have updated a post written by Blair on may 31st
where he gave an excellent translation / how to use it.]

How to make an image visible here : use CJoint

It is not allowed to post images on this forum.

If needed to do so, fisrt reduce the size of your image
to a maximum of 500 Ko

Then go to : http://cjoint.com/

You will get a page that says :

Joindre un fichier, une image, une photo (1)
(attach a file, an image, a photo) ie from your computer.

(1) La taille des documents téléchargés est pour le moment
limitée à 500 Ko.
((1) At present, the size limit of files is 500 K)

On the right of the window, hit the "Parcourir" [Browse] button
and indicate where on your hard disk is located your image.

Then hit the button called "Créer le lien cjoint"
to create your link.

Copy the link (if you are using Internet Explorer, the link is
automatically copied in your clpboard)

Paste the link in the text of your post on rcsd.

Additional information :

The following lines say :

Et/ou joindre une URL (adresse complète http://...)
(And/or link to a URL complete address http://...)
This would add your internet site address to the image

Et/ou joindre votre adresse E-mail
(And/or link to your email address)
This would add your e-mail address to the image

CJoint ne stocke et ne conserve aucune adresse e-mail après la
période de 21 jours.
(Cjointe doesn't store or keep any email address beyond a 21 day
period)
Aucune adresse ne sera communiquée à un tiers.
(No address will be communicated to a third party)

Hit the button called "Créer le lien cjoint" to create your
link.

C'est ce lien que vous allez pouvoir copier/coller dans votre email ou
votre message Usenet.
(It is this link that you can copy and paste into your email or Usenet
message) [Just as in tinyurl.com]

Nous hébergerons vos photos, fichiers, url et adresse email durant une

période de 21 jours.
(We house your photos, files, url and email address for a period of 21
days)

Si vous utilisez Internet Explorer, ce lien sera automatiquement copié

dans votre presse papier.
(If you use Internet Explorer, this link will automatically copied to
your clipboard)

(c) 2005, CJoint.com est une création de Laurent Lecatelier-Dudec
(c) 2005, CJoint.com is a creation of Laurent Lecatelier-Dudec
[ ]
HTH
--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

Old February 28th 09, 12:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Feb 27, 11:05*pm, "Pedro" wrote:
hello all,
* This is my first post to this newsgroup. I started to collect stamps in
1975. In those times I obtained an album my father owned when he was a
child, which also contained some stamps from his uncle. Anyways, the album
only had the resrs of the collection, because a relative of his previously
had removed the best from it. That's the story of my begginings in Philately

* I'd like to know of any webpage where I can upload images of stamps. I've
seen cjoint, but I do not speak french. Is there any similar service in
english?

I hope to enjoy many happy moments with you,

Pedro

Greetings Pedro and welcome to THE Newsgroup.
There are several places to view stamp images. We need a little more
information to put you in the right direction.
Sir Rodney has given you the best of information about cjoint, he is a
joint guru. G
The country of the stamps you have interest in is essential because we
in the group each have our own expertise.

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old February 28th 09, 01:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
On Feb 27, 11:05 pm, "Pedro" wrote:
[...]

Welcome to our stamps newsgroup, Pedro.

As I understand it, Pedro is searching for a place to upload stamp images,
and not one to view or to download them.

If this is correct, Rodney gave him some good advice.

Another possibility that Pedro has is to create a website/blog and to
display there his collection. There are several advantages of that, and
among them:

- one can then combine there images with text
- one can keep together different pieces of information
- a blog, for example, is based on a document management system, that can
help anybody to systematize his work

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old February 28th 09, 01:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

Ralphael1 schrieb:
On Feb 27, 11:05 pm, "Pedro" wrote:
[...]

Hi Pedro,
nice to meet You here. You can also use photobucket:

http://photobucket.com/

This ervice is free of fees.

If You need an easy and fine working software for pictures, I recommend
the free xnview. You can download it here. It works fine if You need to
reduce the size of pictures.

http://www.xnview.de/

You can read this site in German, English and french.

kind regards

Gerhard
Old February 28th 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Ralphael1"
Sir Rodney has given you the best of information about cjoint, he is a
joint guru. G

Goodness,
I'll have to burn some incense sticks before your graven image Ralphael.
At best, I could be described as "curious collector"
As for the "Joint Guru", I have smoked the stuff, but I never inhaled.

Old February 28th 09, 11:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Feb 28, 4:02*pm, "rodney" wrote:
"Ralphael1"
Sir Rodney has given you the best of information about cjoint, he is a
joint guru. G

Goodness,
I'll have to burn some incense sticks before your graven image Ralphael.
At best, I could be described as "curious collector"
As for the "Joint Guru", I have smoked the stuff, but I never inhaled.

Rodney, I have heard this somewhere before.
I would like to know is, "confession is good for the soul?" G

RtOo
Old February 28th 09, 11:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
hvschaik

Hello Pedro,
If you have Google in your own language , then it is more easy.
You type cjoint in Google and you find cjoint.com and in your language
[translate this page] -also in your language. click and your can fill in
only the picture you want, click again (make a link (is in your
language ) and you see the link: http://cjoint.com/?????? (? means that
cjoint was fill in). Then you can copy the url and put in this (or
others) newsgroup.

Good luck,
Hans
http://home.planet.nl/~hvschaik/home.htm

Old March 1st 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Ralphael1"
Rodney, I have heard this somewhere before.
I would like to know is, "confession is good for the soul?" G
RtOo

You are never going to find out.

Old March 1st 09, 02:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

"Ralphael1" wrote in message
On Feb 27, 11:05 pm, "Pedro" wrote:
[...]

Hello Raphael,
I am mainly interested in stamps issued prior to 1950 all around the
world. I enjoy very much learning from all of you.

Pedro