[FA] pair of 2007-D Washington Golden Dollars with virtually no edge lettering

Old March 15th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Phil DeMayo

Default pair of 2007-D Washington Golden Dollars with virtually no edge lettering

On Mar 15, 3:47�pm, "Capri" wrote:
On Mar 15, 4:03 pm, "Phil DeMayo" wrote:

On Mar 15, 10:51?am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

Regardless of the final price, we're still talking about two simple $1
coins, and a flat $8.88 s&h charge stretches reasonable, IMO. ?You could
send thirty $1 rolls in a flat rate Priority Mail box for about the same
price.

Would you put those 30 rolls ($750) in a flat rate box without
insurance?

But he is not sending 30 ROLLS of coins.

Of course not, but that was Bruce's scenario. Did you miss that?

He is sendinf 2 One Dollar coins of questionable value.

Of course the value is questionable....and therefore you cannot make a
valid determination as to what the insurance will cost the seller
until after the auction.

He may be able to put X dollars of insurance on them but if they are
lost in the mail, collecting *on them may be a bit difficult.

Collecting on them without insurance could be more than difficult, it
could be impossible.

So, yes 8.88 shipping is still out of line.

Once again, you cannot possibly know that.

Besides, they also look as if someone took a dremel tool sander to
them. If I had them and they are legit, I'd be holding on to them.

Well now you're impugning the integrity of a long time poster here who
goes through perhaps $2000-$4000 in dollar coins per month to pass on
to his co-workers at Boeing. I believe this conversation is now over.

Old March 16th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Bruce Remick

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 15, 10:51?am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

Regardless of the final price, we're still talking about two simple $1
coins, and a flat $8.88 s&h charge stretches reasonable, IMO. You could
send thirty $1 rolls in a flat rate Priority Mail box for about the same
price.

Would you put those 30 rolls ($750) in a flat rate box without
insurance?

No. I would add insurance. But I would also quote the $8.XX flat rate as a
shipping fee. On the other hand, I would only charge a dollar or two to
ship two coins if I expected the postage to be less than a dollar. I
wouldn't force the winner to pay for additional insurance if the auction
ended at $9.95, but I might recommend it if it went over $50. That would
still be a long way from $8.88. But then it's not my auction.

Bruce

Old March 16th 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money
Bruce Remick

On Mar 15, 3:47?pm, "Capri" wrote:
On Mar 15, 4:03 pm, "Phil DeMayo" wrote:

On Mar 15, 10:51?am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

Regardless of the final price, we're still talking about two simple $1
coins, and a flat $8.88 s&h charge stretches reasonable, IMO. ?You
could
send thirty $1 rolls in a flat rate Priority Mail box for about the
same
price.

Would you put those 30 rolls ($750) in a flat rate box without
insurance?

But he is not sending 30 ROLLS of coins.

Of course not, but that was Bruce's scenario. Did you miss that?

I used that as an extreme example to contrast it's cost with the likely cost
of mailing two coins.

He is sendinf 2 One Dollar coins of questionable value.

Of course the value is questionable....and therefore you cannot make a
valid determination as to what the insurance will cost the seller
until after the auction.

Therefore, insurance should not have been factored into the steep $8.88
auction charge when it might not even be necessary.

He may be able to put X dollars of insurance on them but if they are
lost in the mail, collecting on them may be a bit difficult.

Collecting on them without insurance could be more than difficult, it
could be impossible.

So, yes 8.88 shipping is still out of line.

Once again, you cannot possibly know that.

You could if Fred chose to reveal his actual cost. None of our business,
but I know I could send them insured and securely packaged for less than
$2.00 if the two coins sold for less than $100.

Bruce